Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Changing map on MeatBot (CoD 2)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by guiismiti View Post
    I advise you to put the tdm.gsc file from meatbot side by side with the original tdm.gsc from CoD 1.3 and copy every single change to the tdm.gsc of AWE, so you can merge both mods.
    Yes, that is what I did, the bots spawn, and the map disconnects and reconnects and respawns the bots without duplication on the server just fine, problem is they spawn with no weapons and just stood there looking at their hands. This was with AWE 3.9.2
    I tried with Extreme 2.9 (bots spawned with weapons and fought but couldn't get the disconnect and reconnect working). I would prefer to get AWE working because it is more stable.

Quote Originally Posted by Tally View Post
    Having been a member of the AWE development team, I can tell you that there are only 4 lines of code in the gametype files for AWE. The mBots would get their weapons from _weapons.gsc. That's the right place to look. Remember to preache their weapons and give them the default animation weapon to begin with when they first spawn.

EDIT - I just had a look at meatbot - it has its own version of each gametype. So, remember to look in there as well.
    Tally, how are you my friend, long time, hope you have been well.
    Both the client and the svr .iwd have the path of maps\map\gametype, and the tdm.gsc is loading from the svr .iwd and calls for the precache

Code:
    maps\mp\mbot\_mbot::precache();    // MBot
    and
    Code:
     thread maps\mp\mbot\_mbot_tdm::init();  // MBot
    (This is the file that loads the weapons for the bots)

but does not indicate which maps\mp to look at for the mbot folder which is in the client .iwd (server will not fire with it in the svr .iwd) I also tried to combine both the client and svr into one .iwd, server fires, but bots will not spawn.

I guess I am looking for a way to indicate the client path of maps\mp\mbot to initiate and load _mbot_tdm which populates the weapons for the bots.
    I'll keep trying different things and will work it out, just thought I would see if anyones has worked this out.
    Thanks, TnT Jeta1

Thanks
    I'm out of ideas, but, do you have the scriptdata folder with a waypoints file for each map you're trying to play?
    I'm almost sure this is not the problem, cause you had no problem with eXtreme and the mbot mod displays a message that bots are not supported if you don't have waypoints for that map.
    set logfile 2

Brigadier General
    Thanks
    This sounds like a timing issue - if they spawn with the eXtreme+ mod but not AWE, then there is something happening in AWE with spawnPlayer which is affecting the timing of meatbot bot spawns. I would go through all spawnPlayer methods in AWE - shutting them off - until you hit the one causing the problem. Having had another look at the meatbot timing, it could do with a few of its methods to be threaded rather than straight run.

Thanks
    Well I have been testing it all day yesterday and today, making modifications. I have found that when I disable AWE (awe_disable), bots spawn with the weapons and everything works as intended. When I enable AWE, then most (90%) of the bots spawn with no weapons and they just stand there looking at their hands. I have been systemically turning everything off, then on one by one to no avail. I have added the precache for all of the bot weapons in each weapons file, I think the roadblock is in the smoke or the grenades. I think this because of the player animation, they look like they are packing a snowball. I have also noticed, that when the climb, their weapons could appear and disappear. The only difference between the Meatbot (sound final) and the extreme are the weapon names (ie. m1garand_bot vs m1garand_bot_st) In addition the pistols in the meatbot are a "fast_run" verses the pistol name. I tried all different variations. The only conclusions I have found is that it works with AWE disabled. All I really wanted to achieve is to have sprint enabled in the guiismiti version that actually auto rotates and has been running flawlessly on our server.
    Tally, I even tried to integrate your stand alone sprint mod into guiismiti's version, and I couldn't even get that to work.
    Thanks for your thoughts guys.
    TnT Jeta1
    Last edited by Jeta1; 7th February 2015 at 22:00.

Thanks
    Well, I just had an idea, it's a possibility.

I added bots to a vehicle mod, and this mod had AA guns. In order to use these guns, you had to go close to it and press the use button. I placed the bots waypoints over the AA, and they would always use the AA when passing by.

Also, when I had dropweapon enabled and died, bots would pass over my dropped weapon, pick it up (i. e. use the use button when walking over it) and stop moving (since they do not function with normal weapons).

Considering these two cases, it looks like bots use the use button all the time, or something like that.

So, my idea is, does AWE have sprint? To use sprint, you need to hold the use button, so, this may be the problem - since bots cannot use normal weapons, and sprint is a normal weapon (i. e., coded for players).
    Try simply disabling sprint.

btw don't forget to disable dropweapon.
    Last edited by guiismiti; 7th February 2015 at 22:18.
    set logfile 2

Thanks
    I got it up and running, thanks all, it was a combination of things within AWE that I had to turn off.
    (guiismiti nailed it!)
    Sprint (off)
    All weapon menu (off)
    Allow choose team (must be on, or bots spawn into spectate)
    Drop weapons (off in multiple areas, proper, punishments, spawn protection, etc)
    Modification to menus
    Modification to weapon ammo load outs
    Modification to localized strings

Thanks all for your help, I really appreciate it, now just want to be able to have the scoreboard before the map cycles, so I will be working on that.

If you care to see how it turned out, feel free to send me a pm for the server ip, I am not sure on the rules in regards to posting server IP's.

Thanks again, TnT Jeta1

Thanks
    oh, the menus, I forgot about that. I had problems with it when I tried to set the bots to use all rifles while I used the regular weapons menu.

And, about the scoreboard, I changed the logic I used there.

- If there are players online after the 10 seconds of scoreboard displaying, the map will change;
    - If there are no players online after the 10 seconds of scoreboard displaying (i. e. all players disconnected during the scoreboard - and, believe me, this happens a lot), the scoreboard will stay there until someone connects. Then, the map changes.

This could be avoided if I could use libcod - players would not need to command the map changes, the server would do it.
    Last edited by guiismiti; 8th February 2015 at 19:09.
    set logfile 2

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by guiismiti View Post
    oh, the menus, I forgot about that. I had problems with it when I tried to set the bots to use all rifles while I used the regular weapons menu.

And, about the scoreboard, I changed the logic I used there.

- If there are players online after the 10 seconds of scoreboard displaying, the map will change;
    - If there are no players online after the 10 seconds of scoreboard displaying (i. e. all players disconnected during the scoreboard - and, believe me, this happens a lot), the scoreboard will stay there until someone connects. Then, the map changes.
    I got the sprint working by changing
    self UseButtonPressed
    to
    self MeleeButtonPressed in the _sprint.gsc (three entries)
    then changed the localized string. I loose a visual of the weapon melee when moving, but I will sacrifice for the sprint.

I'll work on the scoreboard display (currently not at all).

Thanks again for the help.
    TnT Jeta1

Brigadier General
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeta1 View Post
    I got the sprint working by changing
    self UseButtonPressed
    to
    self MeleeButtonPressed in the _sprint.gsc (three entries)
    then changed the localized string. I loose a visual of the weapon melee when moving, but I will sacrifice for the sprint.

I'll work on the scoreboard display (currently not at all).

Thanks again for the help.
    TnT Jeta1
    You don't need to change the key they use to sprint - create a method to determine live players from bots and then don't run the sprint code on bots.

This is the method I use:

Code:
    isbot( player )
    {

if( GetSubStr( player.name, 0, 3 ) == "bot") return true; 

return false;
    }
    Then, use that to differentiate bots from people, and stop bots running the sprint script.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tally View Post
    This is the method I use:

Code:
    isbot( player )
    {

if( GetSubStr( player.name, 0, 3 ) == "bot") return true; 

return false;
    }
    Meatbot sets the .isbot attribute when a bot is added, so, you can just use
    Code:
    if(player.isbot)