Thread: [CoD2][Tutorial] How to make your cracked server show up in the master list

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    ... connecting
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    The iptables solution blocks the reject message for cracked players (requires the right server ports and root access).
    Oh, I see, I missed this part from the OP:

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    If your server has a other port, change the dport to the port your server uses or remove it to make it drop every packet.
    I set my server to port 28960, not 28961 as targeted by your ipconfig rules. I removed the more restrictive rule I was using, re-added the rules from the OP with corrected dport, and everything works as intended. Thanks for the explanation!

Noob question: Are there reasons to run a COD2 server on a port other than the default 28960, besides to avoid conflicts with other apps running on the server? I can imagine running multiple COD2 dedicated servers from the same box, but is there anything else?

Edit: I did try using libcod2_1_3_nomysql.so (2013-Aug-30) from here, but no luck. (I did set sv_cracked correctly.) I'll try with the 2015-Jan-29 versions later, but I'm satisfied with my setup for now. Thanks again.
    Last edited by vesicant; 28th January 2018 at 23:19.