Thread: Sprinting with weapon in COD2

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    ... connecting
    Thanks
    Can't do it even with modding/scripting? Does it require custom weapons and lots of work? However you did it in that video looks truly amazing (pretty much seamless with all the other COD titles that include a default sprint).

I love rifles only AND sprinting, I know many disagree. To this day, COD2 is the best experience and closest I get to the nostalgia of playing late into the morning with my brothers back in the day (on COD UO). I find the COD2 maps and overall quality to be much better than UO, with the exception of no default sprinting.

Are there any other sprint mods for the standard multiplayer game?

I have used Tallys sprint mod. It's probably the best I've found. The issue is that you always accidentally pick up dropped weapons when you run over them. The Demon mod has a decent sprint feature too, again OK but not great. Sadly, Back 2 Fronts has a good looking sprint (sadly no weapon anims), but is currently only available in single player.

In this day with all the expensive DLC and having to buy extra (and limited) maps, I find the original COD series up to WAW far superior. I've tried loving WAW as it is also WW2 themed (and has sprint), just something off about it. In my book, if COD2 had a seemingly default sprint (with weapon animations, etc.) it would be the best ever. OK rant over, LOL!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jordanb For This Useful Post:

kung foo man (4th April 2018)