Thread: Problem with manymaps

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Private
    Thanks
    Sorry for not specifying the version. I thought that they functioned the same way. I use voron's version. I actually put my 000empty.iwd and zzzmod.iwd in the maps folder. The maps folder is then linked to fs_game within apache. So when the client tries to download, the server redirects to fs_game in apache. If they don't exist there then fast download fails and goes back to slow (server) mode. But it only does this check once during my tests. So if a client connects for the first time and there is a custom map running then the map will be downloaded at slow speed and the client will probably go away. I tried to change ownership to root to prevent it from deleting and chmod 444 but it still deletes the files. Libcod is run from a normal non root account. I can't understand how it is possible to get permission to delete. I guess i will have to go with multiple copies for the moment until i find a solution.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 674 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by agribilos View Post
    Sorry for not specifying the version. I thought that they functioned the same way. I use voron's version. I actually put my 000empty.iwd and zzzmod.iwd in the maps folder. The maps folder is then linked to fs_game within apache. So when the client tries to download, the server redirects to fs_game in apache. If they don't exist there then fast download fails and goes back to slow (server) mode. But it only does this check once during my tests. So if a client connects for the first time and there is a custom map running then the map will be downloaded at slow speed and the client will probably go away. I tried to change ownership to root to prevent it from deleting and chmod 444 but it still deletes the files. Libcod is run from a normal non root account. I can't understand how it is possible to get permission to delete. I guess i will have to go with multiple copies for the moment until i find a solution.
    I use something like this for my download url:

PHP Code:
    <?php
    if(substr($_GET["file"], 0strlen('/JumpersHeaven')) === '/JumpersHeaven'
    {
        if(
    substr($_GET["file"], 0strlen('/JumpersHeaven/zzz_')) === '/JumpersHeaven/zzz_' || substr($_GET["file"], 0strlen('/JumpersHeaven/000')) === '/JumpersHeaven/000'//cod2 mod files

$url $url '/mods/cod2' substr($_GET["file"], strlen('/JumpersHeaven'));
        else

$url $url '/maps/cod2' substr($_GET["file"], strlen('/JumpersHeaven')); //cod2 map files
    }
    else if(
    substr($_GET["file"], 0strlen('/usermaps')) === '/usermaps'//cod4 map files

$url $url '/maps/cod4' substr($_GET["file"], strlen('/usermaps'));
    else if(
    substr($_GET["file"], 0strlen('/mods/jh')) === '/mods/jh'//cod4 mod files

$url $url '/mods/cod4' substr($_GET["file"], strlen('/mods/jh'));
    else

$url $url $_GET["file"];
    header('Location: '$urltrue302);
    die();
    ?>
    as "index.php", with wwwbaseurl set to "mydomain.com/index.php?file="
    "Does not work" is an error report for a bug between keyboard and chair.

All hail Artie Effem

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IzNoGoD For This Useful Post:

agribilos (5th February 2021),kung foo man (6th February 2021)