Quote Originally Posted by the_law View Post
Mind if I ask how you got those extremely detailed models into CoD4 without getting the "too many vertices" error? I tried porting the SVG-100 with modified Barrett anims but I can't figure out how to reduce it enough to get into CoD2 or CoD4. Then again Maya 6.0 doesn't give too many options for reducing models.

Try it on the CoD2 viewhands instead
I deleted the meshes that are there for the paintshop, but that's all I did. Took a little longer to convert but didn't give any errors.
As for COD2 viewhands, they don't really export very well for me. Is there a better program out there for that? Only one I found was from 2009. Or I guess is there one included with the mod tools? only saw british africa body in maya folder.

Quote Originally Posted by kung foo man View Post
Did you read this thread for some tips / ideas? http://killtube.org/showthread.php?2...5-CoD4-to-CoD2

Problem is: the only person who could debug and fix the exporting code is Tom, since the tool is closed source. Quite annoying, but better than nothing. Nobody came up yet with an open source variant.
Problem with that topic is I'm going the opposite way. COD2 to COD4/5.
I messaged Tom and he says he is going to update the tanim plugin soon and will look at the COD2 animations at the same time. So guess I'll wait for that and see.