Thread: Call of Duty 2 Play Animation

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Private First Class
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tally View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong, but the playeranim.script file is a server file. It is not a client file. The server will use the one on the server - not the one in the client's files. So, it doesn't matter where the client has been before he gets to the server, the server will load its files on the player as soon as he connects.
    The playeranim.script might be loaded, but the client does not parse/cache it on rejoin. When a client connects to a server it caches a list of ALL animations the server uses. Death animations, first person animations, world animations are all stored into a client side array. This doesn't get reset/reloaded when joining another server. I can't think of a better way to explain it. If you want to test, run the meatbot mod, join a regular server, chill for a minute and then join the meatbot server. It will kick you and return an error similar to "Unknown token: bot_stand" due to the anim files not being reloaded.

I'v spent some effort attempting to fix it, and even found the source of the problem. Problem is the issue is client-side, so cannot be patched using libcod.
    Last edited by filthy_freak_; 27th September 2015 at 08:11.