Thread: [Killing Hud MONEY]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 674 Posts
    Placeholders (only the &&1) work fine in a hud if you .label them with it AND the label is localized, aka it is in inside a .str file

2. The Following User Says Thank You to IzNoGoD For This Useful Post:

randall (9th November 2013)

Brigadier General
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IzNoGoD View Post
    Placeholders (only the &&1) work fine in a hud if you .label them with it AND the label is localized, aka it is in inside a .str file
    Really? Are you sure? I have always understood that placeholders don't work in a HUD, even if you use a localized string label. In fact, (and it's been a few years since I experimented with HUD placeholders), my tests all those years ago always failed using them in a HUD.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 674 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tally View Post
    Really? Are you sure? I have always understood that placeholders don't work in a HUD, even if you use a localized string label. In fact, (and it's been a few years since I experimented with HUD placeholders), my tests all those years ago always failed using them in a HUD.
    I dont have any mod currently using it, but i think i succesfully put a settext(loc_string) or setvalue(val) in a .label(loc_label) where loc_label was something with &&1 in it (and not at the end)

Im currently using the &&1 as postfix in some mod, and it does NOT show up in the hud ("Money: &&1" becomes Money: 666 ingame after setvalue(666))