Thread: Release Demon Mod for COD1

Brigadier General
    Thanks

Release Demon Mod for COD1

Welcome to the Demon mod for Call of Duty 1. It’s a mod I was commissioned to make for a clan I know, about 4 years ago. They wanted the mod to based on a class system, with some features ported out of COD:UO, and into COD1. They wanted the COD:UO features ported into COD1 because they don’t like (or play) COD:UO itself.

The mod has 4 classes: Infantry, Engineer, Sniper, and Rifleman. They are fixed classes, offering no means to edit them. Each class has 2 perks, and 1 specialty item. For example, the Infantry class has the ability to drop ammo creates around the map, so that their team mates can restock their weapons with fresh ammo. Another example is that the Sniper class has Tabun gas as its speciality weapon.
    I ported over from COD:UO the Tokarev TT-33 (because stock COD doesn’t have a weapon of their own for the Russians. They get the German Lugar) and the Binoculars, as they are needed for the artillery barrage that the Engineer class gets as its specialty weapon.

I also ported over from COD2 the PPS-42 and gave it to the Russians, as not everybody likes the PPSH.
    Other new weapons include the Scoped Lee Enfield, the Ka-Bar knife (which can kill if you throw it at someone), bouncing betty, teller mines, and a new model for the German smoke grenade.
    I added 2 new gametypes: Capture the Flag and Domination. Capture the flag is basically the one I wrote for COD4, and Domination is ported over from COD4. The model for the Flags was ripped from COD2 (it isnÂ’t a very good rip, as it looks distorted).

The sniper reticules had a make-over as well, with a new overlay for each weapon, including the Binoculars. This isn’t my work, as I downloaded it from Gamefront, and I’ve forgotten the modders’ name.
    It took me about 8 months to create the mod because I had to create a way to detect when a player is ADS, and COD1 doesn’t have a way of doing that natively . That held me up a bit. Also, I had to port some code utility functions over from COD4, and it wasn’t easy to do that either.

The mod is heavy on the gamestate, coming in at just under 15k (COD1 runs on 16k of gamestate). So, if you like running custom maps, watch their size.
    The mod is also heavy on your RAM. Because of all the custom shaders in DDS format that I created, you need at least 8 Gig of RAM to run the mod without any problems.
    I hope you download it, and dust off your copy of COD1, and have some fun running it.

As for people who are going to take stuff out of the mod, and put it in their own mod, you are free to do so, as long as you give me credit.

Video can be seen here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkJi6Wyp4zE

Attachment 1717shot0001.jpgshot0002.jpgshot0003.jpgshot0004.jpgshot0005.jpgshot0006.jpgshot0007.jpgshot0008.jpgshot0009.jpgshot00010.jpgshot0011.jpgshot0012.jpgshot0013.jpgshot0014.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails american_engineer.jpg   british_infantry.jpg   german_rifleman.jpg   russian_sniper.jpg  

... connecting
    Thanks
    It looks awesome, thank you for sharing

... connecting
    Thanks
    But demon-mod.com seems offline, and Attachment 1717 invalid, could you fix it?