Thread: [CoD 1.1] Can you get player's bearing ?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Deleter/Deleted
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kung foo man View Post
    it could be -161 + 360 + 40 = 239
    Do you know how the third number could be obtained ?
    I guess you need to use player.origin and some data from the map file ?

Quote Originally Posted by IzNoGoD View Post
    cod4 has an option to set the "north" direction. Maybe that is at play here too?
    Is this option to get the compass to always face the north ? Or to make it think that the west is the north for example ?

_______

I'm sorry I should install the game and search in it, and try harder to find how to get the third value
    The thing is that I think I'm giving up on this "bar compass"
    Mostly because if I manage to put that on top of players' screen, I would really want to modify the stock compass to remove the degree info and the needle

But doing so I think I would have to use fs_game to prevent the changes from being applied on other servers

And with 1.1, when you go to a server after being on a modded server, you get a cd key error, game restart is needed (i don't remember if entering key again works), and I don't want my server to cause this error anymore (i prefer not to replace players' .exe client file actually)

I would have also liked to make a new radar and remove the stock one (because it shows dead friends, pointers are too small/not enough flashy imo etc...)
    Last edited by raphael; 4th March 2023 at 06:28.