Quote Originally Posted by v1rto View Post
Only one IP but as I said, its not completely excluded that there wont be more, or this one is changed, I was bored and thought to make this prettier and more future proof, but I guess I am overcomplicating it.
I thought it would be easy to just load a txt file with whitelisted IP/s at server start something like TS3 does, anyways thanks for your time and suggestions.

I have one more question, my server was once ddosed with about 150Kpps small useless NTP packets, and the server would respond to them with ffffdisconnect at a 42Kpps rate with about the same bandwidth, can anything be done with libcod, why is the server responding to that in the first place
Hi !
In first, you must know that: If bad traffic ( any bad traffic, even is that, 4KB/s or 4GB/s ), become thru the router from service ( hosting ) provider, initiate DDOS from your server ( DDOS for Q3 engine not become from outside, DDOS for Q3 engine only initiate you sever to start post endless number of packet's ). Only effective protection for CoD2 server is to choose provide who guarantee for DDoS protection, and who have firewall configured on his router's for CoD2 DDoS protection ( must be carefully, you must ask if that provider 100% guarantee for CoD2 DDoS protection ).