Thread: Low max player count Call of Duty 2 server

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    ... connecting
    Thanks
    Well I ran a TCP HTTP concurrent connection test everything seems to be okay on concurrent connections. Still don't know a tool for testing concurrent UDP connections but I recon if TCP isn't the problem UDP would be fine either. I'm completely in the dark here, so I've just set the server power management to high performance mode. I can recall a few scenarios in which applications would perform bad on a balanced profile despite average overall system load (CPU, RAM, storage and network). However, running a COD2 server comes nowhere near the performance required by those applications but trying can't hurt (maybe only the electricity bill).

For my setup, that's configuring the HP server BIOS power settings to static high performance mode (can be done via iLO) and and setting the ESXi power management profile to high performance (can be done via vSphere or the Web UI on standalones). Guest VMs should inherit power management settings from the VM host in this case. Hope this works...
    Last edited by snoopdoge90; 1st April 2020 at 13:18.