Thread: Ranks for all Weapons

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    please bear with the double post. I figure that the fact this post is a completely different one justifies a tad.

I feel that the guns would make the most sense in the manner that UP uses, as far as sorting goes. They take the weapons and categorize them something like this.

1. Rifles
    2. Semi Automatic Rifles
    3. Submachine Guns
    4. Heavy Assault
    5. Close Assault
    6. Special Weapons

seeing as the only close assault weapon we have is the Trench gun, and since there are virtually no special weapons, I feel it'd be best to have ours like this.

1. Rifles
    2. Semi Automatic Rifles
    3. Submachine Guns
    4. Heavy Assault
    5. Miscellaneous

Note. Snipers would go along with rifles, and then you would choose whether or not to 'scope' the gun. The scoped versions, the Sniper's Rifles, would of course require a much higher rank than those of someone using a non-scoped Rifle.

So, expanded, I think it should look something like this.

1. Rifles
    a.Springfield-150 (scoped) 350
    b. Mosin Nagant 200 (scoped) 400
    c.Lee-Enfield 250 (scoped) 450
    d.Kar98k 300 (scoped) 500

2. Semi Automatic Rifles
    e. M1A1 Carbine 1
    f. Gewehr 43 25 (scoped) 450
    g. M1 Garand 150
    h. Tokarev SVT-40 250 (scoped) 500

3. Submachine Guns
    i. Grease Gun 1
    j. Thompson 50
    k. Sten 75
    l. MP40 150
    m. PPS42 200
    n. PPSh 250
    o. MP44 350

4. Heavy Assault
    p. Bren LMG 300
    q. BAR 400

5. Miscellaneous
    r. M1897 Trench Gun 1

NOTE: (scoped) means the option to scope the gun, and seeing "Mosin Nagant (scoped)" is actually two gun options; selecting Mosin Nagant will give you a non-scoped Mosin Nagant. selecting "(scoped)" however will give you a Scoped Mosin Nagant.

I must go for now. when I return I will add ranks I feel would be fitting. Until then

~Mimic

EDIT: Ok, I've added the ranks, though I feel that the ranks are pretty spaced out. Maybe we could shorten ranks to like 250, and just require more kills? I feel like the large amount of ranks needed to get the next gun could strongly discourage players to start from square....er....rank one, moreso than getting a gun every 3 or 5 ranks or so, and just having a lot to do for each rank. Just a thought . Anyway, If you are confused as to what is going on here, I have the rank requirement placed after each gun. For the Scoped weapons, this is the setup.

(gun without scope) (requirement for gun without scope) (gun with scope) (requirement for gun with scope)

If there are any questions or concerns, please tell me. I'm also open to changing this to fit other people so long as it seems reasonable.
    Last edited by Dalton; 4th August 2012 at 15:48.
    When life gives you lemons, cut them in two and squeeze them into life's grubby little eyes.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dalton For This Useful Post:

kung foo man (4th August 2012)