Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PICK up and MOVE MG42 Mod (Mobile MG42)

Thanks
    in _util.cfg:

Spoiler:
    }

isWeaponType(type,weapon)
    {
    weapon = tolower (weapon);

temp = false;
    switch(type)
    {
    case "turret":
    case "mg" :
    switch(weapon)
    {
    case "mg42_bipod_duck_mp":
    case "mg42_bipod_prone_mp":
    case "mg42_bipod_stand_mp":
    case "30cal_prone_mp":
    case "30cal_stand_mp":
    case "30cal_mp" :
    case "mg42_mp" :
    temp = true;
    break;
    default:
    temp = false;
    break;
    }
    break;

2. The Following User Says Thank You to G-Stuff002 For This Useful Post:

kubislav23 (22nd February 2018)

Thanks
    Maybe needed this files from AdmiralMOD because I did not find them in awe_cod2_v3.4.2_ They both have similar functions

MG42_stand_walk_duck_prone_mp.rar

And that's all probably, now it need to somehow add this function. I will think....
    Last edited by G-Stuff002; 22nd February 2018 at 21:17.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to G-Stuff002 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    nothing succeeded, tried to add scripts to the server part like mg24scripts.cfg, but they did not even start with game, it is necessary to analyze where everything should be coded...

this is probably the most difficult for edit
    Last edited by G-Stuff002; 23rd February 2018 at 08:30.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to G-Stuff002 For This Useful Post:

Brigadier General
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Stuff002 View Post
    Hi, I want to combine a function pick up and move ("installation" put on the ground MG42) with allcustom weapons v1a mod.

I think this function is much more interesting rather than just carrying a gun like everyone else. With this the COD2 have more tactics play, i think.

I upload screens and mod to better understand. After i will be watch and disassemble/find scripts. If you can help, I'll be glad

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    So, let me get this clear: you want to have an MG42 selectable from the weapons menu, and you want to be able to deploy it, so that it is like a static MG42? If I've got that right, let me make some points:

1. There are no animations for deploying an MG42, that is, a player going down to grab the handles of the MG42. So, it wont be smooth. One minute you will be standing there, the next you will be prone holding the MG42.

2. The code is complected because you have to take account of all the possible places it can be deployed. I've known this code to crash servers (with the "unhandled exception" error) when a player tries to deploy it or get players stuck in terrain where they can't get out. So, if you want it, you will have to do it "at your own risk"!

3. What about the allies? There is a 50cal machine gun going around the community. Why don't you add that to your mod as well? You can't really give one team a deployable machine gun and not the other. It wouldn't be fair.

4. I'm busy for the rest of today and weekends are always busy, but if you still want it, I'll see what Monday is like for business and get started on it.
    Last edited by Tally; 23rd February 2018 at 12:25.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Tally For This Useful Post:

kung foo man (24th February 2018)

Thanks
    Yes, have an MG42 selectable from the weapons menu in zzz_allcustom_v1a mod. Replace and make the function "deploy" like a static MG42.

Here have explanation about MG42: http://www.modbase.be/download-406-info.html
    example: "The M1919A6 .30cal and MG42 turrets (machine guns) must be planted before being fired. Planting is done by aiming down the sight (a la COD/UO)."

1. Yes all is exactly. No animation, MG42 is just visible like lying weapons in the left side - Screen:
    Spoiler:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NoANIMATION.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	355.6 KB 
ID:	1419

after selection of MG42 from weapons menu

Animation have only when shooting (after placing on the ground)

2. ..'code is complected' I know not all the places (grounds,surface) are available
    ..'I've known this code to crash servers' - It's not scary. I use only Local LAN Homenetwork for 4 players (Friends)
    ..'at your own risk' - ok, i understand!

3. zzz_allcustom_v1a mod Give to choose any weapons for any Teams. You are right! It will be available to all Teams.

EDIT____ !

About 50cal. zzz_allcustom_v1a have 2 heavy machine gun, one of two i wont to be change like deployed, it's will be different for gameplay and more interesting. In this mod, each team can choose any weapon for any nation this equates forces for all

This is the whole point of balancing the chances. zzz_allcustom_v1a - it for this.

Ok, I'll wait for help, Thank you! And I'll try to do it myself, I will sort this out and combine options
    Last edited by G-Stuff002; 24th February 2018 at 00:36.

Thanks
    Ok, what i know and found right now, maybe it will be useful not to forget:

-----------------------
    for a note.
    All Custom Weapons
    consists of two files:
    -zzz_allcustom_v1a.iwd
    -zzz_optionaltotal.iwd
    ----------------------

"mg42" hosted in the - zzz_optionaltotal.iwd/weapons/mp/weapon1_mp

mg42 is renamed as weapon1_mp !! weapon1_mp.7z
    Spoiler:

Name:	weapon1_mp.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	535.1 KB 
ID:	1431

This model (weapon1_mp) needs to be replaced (delete and past) by this: mg42_mp.7z
    Spoiler:

Name:	mg42_mp.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	589.8 KB 
ID:	1433

This model does not shoot and just shown as the selected from the weapons menu. For this weapon need to embed code 'deploy' from 'awe 3.4.2'
    Code need embed in zzz_allcustom_v1a.iwd or zzz_optionaltotal.iwd i dont know yet
    Last edited by G-Stuff002; 23rd February 2018 at 23:55.

Thanks
    And there are is the most difficult part where to write the code, which I found (wrote on the first page) I'll try to find some weapon mod for one weapon and will see how it works, for a hint.. it may be necessary:mg42_mp_files.rar
    Last edited by G-Stuff002; 24th February 2018 at 00:07.

Thanks
    I had an idea that it was easier...(because it will need to edit fewer files) to add mg42 like deploy, it will be of secondary weapon in pistols menu. I thought about how this would be reflected in the battle and I think that was good as tactics, 'fast' and hidden battle.

I make additional points in weapons menu but I have a problem. Look at screen:
    Spoiler:

Name:	distance.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	59.9 KB 
ID:	1435

I add flamethrower_mp, at the same time, that there was a slot ready for it (CHOICE6)
    And rename mg42_mp to mg42dpl_mp (CHOICE7), because scripts on mg42 has already for another weapon. And this mg42dpl_mp it will be like deploy

_weapon_pistol GSC.7z

weapon_pistols Menu.7z
    Last edited by G-Stuff002; 25th February 2018 at 17:28.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to G-Stuff002 For This Useful Post:

kubislav23 (26th February 2018)

Thanks
    I lost countenance..I'm investigating codes for deploy in _turrets.GSC. There are two names of MG42, the first is external

mg42_mp (my renamed like mg42dpl_mp) but he has an internal name as 'awe_mg42' - maybe that is awe.cfg, for run codes

Everything is very difficult...

15. The Following User Says Thank You to G-Stuff002 For This Useful Post:

kubislav23 (26th February 2018)

Brigadier General
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Stuff002 View Post
    Ok, what i know and found right now, maybe it will be useful not to forget:

-----------------------
    for a note.
    All Custom Weapons
    consists of two files:
    -zzz_allcustom_v1a.iwd
    -zzz_optionaltotal.iwd
    ----------------------

"mg42" hosted in the - zzz_optionaltotal.iwd/weapons/mp/weapon1_mp

mg42 is renamed as weapon1_mp !! weapon1_mp.7z
    Spoiler:

Name:	weapon1_mp.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	535.1 KB 
ID:	1431

This model (weapon1_mp) needs to be replaced (delete and past) by this: mg42_mp.7z
    Spoiler:

Name:	mg42_mp.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	589.8 KB 
ID:	1433

This model does not shoot and just shown as the selected from the weapons menu. For this weapon need to embed code 'deploy' from 'awe 3.4.2'
    Code need embed in zzz_allcustom_v1a.iwd or zzz_optionaltotal.iwd i dont know yet
    I finally had some time to work on this. The first thing I did was download this allcustom_v1 mod. In my version (which I got from here: DOWNLOAD), the MG42 was working fine. I did not have to fix it.

Do you want me to make this deployable MG42 and 30.cal using this allcustom_v1 mod? It is a dreadful mess. I had to fix 7 errors just to get it to run. In particular, the menu options are too close together. It is hard to actually pick the one you want. Do you want me to fix this and make the menus better? There are a number of missing weapon images. I could fix them as well if you want.

Of, if you don't care about this allcustom_v1 mod, I can make you a much better one, where the allies get the 30.cal and the germans get the MG42 from the menus. Then I could concentrate on the deployment mod.

BTW - which key do you want to press? The USE button? Or, the melee button? Or do you want to use another key? I can use any key you want, but it does require a file added to the mod in order for the game to detect that you are actually pressing it.

EDIT - LOL this allcustom_v1 mod is using a lot of my stuff. The pistols menu and images are mine, taken from the eXtreme+ mod. I was a member of the development team and made them back in 2006. I had forgotten how bad those pistol images were. I was a bit of a noob back then!
    Last edited by Tally; 26th February 2018 at 20:31.