Thread: PICK up and MOVE MG42 Mod (Mobile MG42)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Brigadier General
    Thanks
    Okay, here it is. Please get the download from here: DOWNLOAD

Some notes:

1. I did not mess too much with the menus. In my opinion, they are a mess, but it would take a long time to sort them out, and I just don't have the time.

2. You can deploy any fixed turret on a map that has them (some gametypes don't have them - like CTF for example). Also, of course, if you pick either the MG42 or the 30CAL from the menu, you can deploy them as per the AWE mod. There is a "user hint" at the top of the screen which tells you what to do.

3. I renamed weapon1_mp to mg42_carry_mp; and weapon2_mp to 30cal_carry_mp. I tried to name them to mg42_mp and 30cal_mp, but that crashed the server for some reason. I'm not quite sure why. So, I renamed them to "_carry_mp" instead.

4. Other than in maps\mp\gametypes\_turrets.gsc all the script functions are in _weapons.gsc. There are a lot of them. You have to watch weapon changes, and watch for binocular usage as well.

5. I put all the init() functions in _callbacksetup.gsc to kick it all off instead of using the gametype files.

6. I removed the deletePlacedEntitys function as the AWE code has it as well. So, you can delete placed fixed turrets on maps with a dvar. Please see the config file for all the dvar settings.
    Last edited by Tally; 27th February 2018 at 18:16.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tally For This Useful Post:

G-Stuff002 (27th February 2018)