Thread: Real Goal's and reason for use codlib ?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Private
    Thanks
    Ok.
    I don't have answer, an let's go to see what you'r list realy do for server:

Mysql-related stuff: Useful if you want to access a database from inside your .gsc script : why any admin have some reason to do that ????
    Exec stuff: Useful if you want external scripts to work from inside your .gsc script: This we can do easy with add line in config file and simply .exe command in rcon.(without mysql)
    MANYMAPS: Useful to reduce client download size: easy, add fs_game folder and put some files in this folder (but we can't make much smaller maps, files like sounds, images, and map plain we need to have download: because cod2 is client-side game)
    kick2: Improved kick function: in much more rcon aplication's we have automatic kick function's and ban IP also.
    Memory stuff: somewhat useful for developing stuff: I don't know what you mean for that, but, if we need more real RAM on server, just start cronjob for clean memory
    Printf: Print stuff to server console: what is this ?? All cod2 owners try to disable server console, for better performance : ttycon 0, Why we need to print and save this ???
    getarraykeys: Properly loop through a key-indexed array: I like to You explain this (I mean that all user's for this site like to you explain: What this Work Realy?)
    getascii: get ascii value of a character: why play game if we don't understand any word ???
    gettype: get a variable type: can't exec without restart, if we need to restart server, than we do much more of that.
    sendgameservercommand: most universally useful command, too many uses to list here
    and
    configstring functions: useful in combination with sendgameservercommand: do you hear for any rcon aplication for cod2 ?
    weapon functions: useful for tuning weapon stuff dynamically: do you realy mean that every admin or owner of cod2 server have time to do tis ???
    And much other useless function's
    Sorry, but now I have to go slip. We will see tomorrow to complete list of unneeded function's in libcod.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dacajoca For This Useful Post:

kubislav23 (1st April 2017)