Thread: server Attack

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskas View Post
    What about blocking whole Iran with your firewall? Yes I know that it can be bypassed.
    That could be an option yes. True, it can be bypassed via VPN or a proxy, but then he must be really dedicated to crash our servers.

Quote Originally Posted by IzNoGoD View Post
    Use libcod on linux, it's not that hard.
    You're right, it's not hard to use, but we run more than just COD2 servers on our Windows machine. We run ARK, Sniper Elite 3, TeamSpeak etc. I know some of those will also have a Linux variant available, but not all.
    The most important reason we run Windows is because of Statsgen2. Now I could make Statsgen2 work with a Linux COD2 server, but that would require FTPing over logfiles etc and to be honest, I don't quite feel investing all that time and effort because some scriptkiddy is annoying is. But yes, you're right. Libcod would fix it, but again, I would be very grateful if someone could patch this exploit for Windows as well

PS. We've ran COD2 servers on Linux in the past. Headless, so Ubuntu Server (commandline only). After /boot got full with old kernels (100MB) and I accidentally deleted the wrong one (yes you're allowed to laugh), I gave up and switched to Windows Server.
    Slow and Steady wins the race

2. The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainSlow For This Useful Post:

valens (10th February 2017)