Thread: Anti-Cheat Solution for COD2 1.0?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSlow View Post
    Thanks for your reply. I'm really sorry but I do not have a file named gametype.gsc in my COD2 folder. Do I need to create it myself like in this picture?
    http://killtube.org/showthread.php?1...ull=1#post9897

Many thanks!
    There is no 'gametype.gsc', what he meant is '<name-of-the-gametype-here>.gsc'.
    Gametypes are (theyre listed also in the serverbrowser)
    tdm, dm, sd, ctf, hq and custom ones like zom, zombot, koth etc.

These files are in the iw_**.iwd containers (which are simple zip containers that you can open with winzip or 7zip).
    Iirc in the iw_7.iwd there is the maps/mp/gametypes folder where all the gametypes are listed.
    If you run a mod, then its likely that there is a zzz_svr_your-mod-name.iwd, (or the mod is not in an container), however the directorystructure is the same.
    If you do not have a mod installed, tell us (so you have to create one on your own, which is simply some copy n paste of the iw_7.iwd and renaming it, as you should not modify the original game-files)

In the gametypes.gsc there is usually on the top some setup going on in the main() function.
    This function calls Callback_StartGameType() and this may call an onPlayerConnect() etc. function, this is the place where you have to add the onCheat() function.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to serthy For This Useful Post:

CaptainSlow (13th September 2015)