Thread: .menu as hud-elem replacement bug

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,084 Times in 753 Posts
    Thanks for the input, I'm not sure which way I will use, maybe a mix of both

Quote Originally Posted by Tally View Post
    There is one major drawback with these menus, and it may not suit your purposes because of it: the itemDef{} are limited: you can't use a dvar to show text; and you have to use an ownerdraw of some sort in order for the item to show.
    Hm, I just commented the ownerdraw out and now it prints my dvar "test".

PHP Code:

//text            "[  ]"
                //ownerdraw         CG_PLAYER_WEAPON_MODE_ICON

dvar test 
    You tested that out? I wonder why it didn't work for you (testing on 1.2 here)

My setup is very simple atm: clean CoD2, made a fs_game, start with an link: in the fs_game-folder test_menu I have the ui_mp folder which contains:
    - ui_mp.iwd: this contains only the ui_mp/hud.txt, because otherwise it's not loaded
    - ui_mp/dpadhud.menu, this is not zipped, so I just type "map_restart" after each change for very fast testing
    timescale 0.01

Brigadier General
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kung foo man View Post
    Thanks for the input, I'm not sure which way I will use, maybe a mix of both

Hm, I just commented the ownerdraw out and now it prints my dvar "test".

PHP Code:

//text            "[  ]"
                //ownerdraw         CG_PLAYER_WEAPON_MODE_ICON

dvar test 
    You tested that out? I wonder why it didn't work for you (testing on 1.2 here)

My setup is very simple atm: clean CoD2, made a fs_game, start with an link: in the fs_game-folder test_menu I have the ui_mp folder which contains:
    - ui_mp.iwd: this contains only the ui_mp/hud.txt, because otherwise it's not loaded
    - ui_mp/dpadhud.menu, this is not zipped, so I just type "map_restart" after each change for very fast testing
    DOH! I was doing it with ownerdraw. Once I removed that, it works like a charm.

thanks for the heads-up!