Thread: preGSC

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Brigadier General
    Thanks
    There is no such thing as "GSC scripting". .GSC is a file format. Not a language. It's as ridiculous to refer to "GSC Scripting" as it is to refer to "ZIP Scripting".

The language used in COD scripting is usually referred to as COD Script. Certainly, the developers of COD refer to it that way.

Other than that, good luck with your project.

BTW - if you ever wondered what G.S.C. means, it is the initials of Grant Stuart Collier, former President of Infinity Ward. This was told to me directly by Grant, the first time I met him in person.
    Last edited by Tally; 11th November 2013 at 22:15.

Private
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tally View Post
    There is no such thing as GSC scripting. .GSC is a file format. Not a language. It's as ridiculous to refer to "GSC Scripting" as it is to refer to "ZIP Scripting". The language used in COD scripting is usually referred to as COD Script.

BTW - if you ever wondered what G.S.C. means, it is the initials of Grant Stuart Collier, former President of Infinity Ward.
    Let me keep calling it that way, I think GSC is only used in CoD, and it is much clearer that "CoD scripting", since many people outta there calling "menu editing" as "menu scripting" too. So saying CoD scripting wouldn't be obvious enough for everyone. However that's probably true what you say, but I think it does not matter until I'm not writing an official letter to IW (also I thought it is Game SCript )
    Last edited by iCore; 11th November 2013 at 22:19.

Brigadier General
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by iCore View Post
    Let me keep calling it that way, I think GSC is only used in CoD, and it is much clearer that "CoD scripting", since many people outta there calling "menu editing" as "menu scripting" too. So saying CoD scripting wouldn't be obvious enough for everyone. However that's probably true what you say, but I think it does not matter until I'm not writing an official letter to IW (also I thought it is Game SCript )
    Very few computer languages give their name to a file format. PHP is one. I'm sure you can think of others. But there are more that don't. For example, C and C++ do not, neither does Python, nor does Cobal. However, if you want to keep doing it, then obviously I can't stop you.

BTW - you say you thought it stood for Game Script. But what does the "c" stand for? Game Script Code? That doesn't even sound right.