Thread: Antilag not working

Private First Class
    Thanks

Antilag not working

Hey all,

I'm running Meatbot (http://www.moddb.com/mods/meatbot-v092) and i'v noticed that antilag does not work on both bots and players. Would this be due to a bad path finding system lagging the server or is it because adding a testclient messes up the way antilag works somehow? Server seems to be running smoothly except in this case.

My thoughts are if it was a path finding problem, shouldn't regular players be immune?

I'm going to attempt to fix it but need to know specifically what is causing the problem.

If you'd like to see the problem first hand - feel free to jump in and fire a few shots; 209.222.16.90:28960 (1.0)

Cheers.

Brigadier General
    Thanks
    It's because BOTs are not "broadcasting" entities, and the netcode ignores them. You cannot "fix it", so don't even pretend like you can.

Thanks
    What's this all about?! Well no matter, just stop please.

I'm going to attempt to fix it but need to know specifically what is causing the problem.
    If you really are, then you would need to know not only the problem but solution to it.
    You should first try to look into the codes yourself, you should look for "for" and "while" loops, if there's too much of them that would be the problem.
    As well look for Runtime Errors in log files, and if there are any try to make sure they're fixed in the first place.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 674 Posts
    I had trouble with 32 entities moving (which is exactly the same as 32 script_origins moving with bots attached to it).

Maybe it is troubling after 16 bots which move AND rotate? Try reducing the botcount to 15 or less.

Brigadier General
    Thanks
    This is not a scripting problem - it is an engine problem. Infinity Ward never intended for the testclients to be used on a "live" server. As such they gave them only what they needed for testing purposes. This DID NOT INCLUDE "broadcasting" qualities. As such the netcode ignores them - if they fire at you, antilag (sometimes called "lag compensation") does not work because the engine cannot invoke the antilag algorithm on a non-broadcasting entity; if you fire at them, antilag doesn't work because of the same - it cannot calculate the difference between your ping and the BOTs ping because BOTs are not broadcasting entites. Ergo, it fails.

Hence, it is pointless trying to fix it with scripting. The only way to fix it would be to make a change to the Linux bins on a Linux server. In other words, make changes to the engine.
    Last edited by Tally; 9th November 2013 at 09:43.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Tally For This Useful Post:

RobsoN (9th November 2013)