Thread: CoD4 - basics

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Private
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tally View Post
    3. You can stop GSC files downloading in 2 ways:

1. put them in a raw folder on your server. They wont download to anyone as raw folders don't download to clients;
    2. Put them in an IWD file, with "_svr_" in the IWD file name. Just like in COD 1 1.5 and COD UO. IWDs with "_svr_" in their name don't download to clients.
    Maybe I am wrong on this, but I think the q3dirtrav was not fixed by IW in CoD4. So it's basically possible to download any file from the main folder of the server and from the fs_game folder as well, including gscs. Also, at least in CoD2 you can, as a client, simply hex-edit your multiplayer .exe and change the part with '_svr_' to for example '_sxr_' and the client downloads that .iwd automatically.

Brigadier General
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Peterlankton View Post
    Maybe I am wrong on this, but I think the q3dirtrav was not fixed by IW in CoD4. So it's basically possible to download any file from the main folder of the server and from the fs_game folder as well, including gscs. Also, at least in CoD2 you can, as a client, simply hex-edit your multiplayer .exe and change the part with '_svr_' to for example '_sxr_' and the client downloads that .iwd automatically.
    Yeah, but you are talking about hacking. I am talking about normal users who don't hack. With a hack, you can do anything - break into secure sites, steal money, steal a persons whole identity, the lot. I am talking about ordinary law-abiding citizens who don't resort to hacking. So, excuse me for not talking about the exceptions to the rule. I just talk about normal functions of cod games, and with normal functions, raw folders don't download, and neither do IWD files with _svr_ in their name.