Thread: Player will not take it in!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Private
    Thanks
    Not sure if i understood it right, but i thought he wanted everyone to be frozen? so if he died while it should happen he obviously couldnt get freezed as he isnt alive, so i thought "self waittill("spawned"); self freezeControls();". but i didnt see the video, might explain...
    Dont drink and drive, smoke and fucking fly

Brigadier General
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sense View Post
    Not sure if i understood it right, but i thought he wanted everyone to be frozen? so if he died while it should happen he obviously couldnt get freezed as he isnt alive, so i thought "self waittill("spawned"); self freezeControls();". but i didnt see the video, might explain...
    The "spawned" flag is a disembodied player - they have spawned into the game, but it's like they are in spectate mode - they don't have a playerbody. If you run the freezecontrols on them at that stage, it will likely not work. You would have to wait till they spawned completely, with a playerbody - so:

Code:
    self waittill( "spawned_player" );

Private
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tally View Post
    The "spawned" flag is a disembodied player - they have spawned into the game, but it's like they are in spectate mode - they don't have a playerbody. If you run the freezecontrols on them at that stage, it will likely not work. You would have to wait till they spawned completely, with a playerbody - so:

Code:
    self waittill( "spawned_player" );
    True, but you know what i meant
    Dont drink and drive, smoke and fucking fly