Thread: CoD2 Masterserver

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,084 Times in 753 Posts
    Potential solutions:

1) Somebody will analyze the servercache.dat file format and I will generate those for each version with the servers in my tracker database. People can download those and put them in their CoD2-directory and can press "Quick Refresh" then. They wont see new servers, but they could always download the newest servercache.dat-file (somebody could write an executable for that).

Everybody still has Guid 0 but would be able to play at least.

2) Somebody will analyze the masterserver-protocol and will implement it. I could host the implementation then on this website-server, domain cod2masterserver.killtube.org

The problem would be, that every server-owner would need to redirect the original masterserver-domain to my domain (possible by hosts-file or server-patch). The mass-hosting-sites maybe won't do it, but at least the admins in our modding athmosphere.

Depending on the masterserver-protocol, the clients might need to have an .exe-patch or hosts-file redirection also for playing with their original Guid. At least they will need the new masterserver in config when they want to "Refresh Servers".

(Mitch said on Xfire he will look into the masterserver-protocol.)
    timescale 0.01

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kung foo man For This Useful Post:

halojango78 (22nd June 2013),Jared (19th June 2013),NemanjA (20th June 2013),Ni3ls (19th June 2013),RobsoN (19th June 2013),thOuMta (19th June 2013)