Hello, you guys were able to quickly help me with one problem already, so I figured this would be a great place to ask for help again. Let me start off by saying that I'm in a Computer Maintenance class for my school, we go around the school updating and fixing computers and other machines for the school.

Recently, some kids have decided to give us some troubles. From installing annoying programs on netbooks to putting passwords on machines, it's been getting annoying with their childish games. Recently, one of them took one of the netbooks and put a password on the BIOS and Hard drive. So when you started it up, you needed to type in a password just to boot windows. You couldn't change the password, since they put a password on BIOS as well. We were able to crack the first password (it was "hello"... that just shows the maturity level of these kids). We then were finally able to crack the BIOS password as well and take off the Hard Drive password.

To stop this from happening again, we decided to put an administrative BIOS password on all the netbooks, hoping that would lockout all other people from putting a password on the Hard drive. Well... it didn't, so that's why I'm here. By the way, the BIOS is an AMI BIOS, perhaps that info will help you help me.

We put an admin password on the BIOS... but by simply hitting the "enter" button on the keyboard on the "Enter Password" screen, they can get into BIOS. From their they can put on a User password, and lock out the harddrive. Not hard, right? We just go into into BIOS with the Admin password and remove the Hard Drive password... yeah... that worked great. Turns out we can't do that. It locks us out of BIOS completely, making it impossible (but perhaps not impossible) to remove the pass or even enter BIOS for that matter.

I am hoping someone browsing through these threads has an idea on what we are doing wrong and/or how we can fix it. We just want to be able to:

1.Remove an Hard Drive password if someone puts one on their
2. Get on BIOS using admin password when someone puts a User password on.

Keep in mind that these are Asus Netbooks, with an AMI BIOS. Any help would be great. If I was unclear in any section or if you need more info, please let me know. It would be great to figure this out. Thanks! :]

-Halo