I know this is completely off-topic, but since this forum has a lot of developers that are great at reverse engineering old game engines, I'm giving this a shot

I'm trying to setup a dedicated game server for an old game called 'Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West'. The dedicated game server files were hard to find, as the links to the original files are all dead, but in the end I managed to find them here. However, when trying to start the server using the included .bat file (or direct from the command prompt using the same variables), it instantly crashes with the following error:

Code:
Crash in application: C++ exception
[string "data\lib\managers\ServerManager.lua"]:851: attempt to concatenate local 'name' (a boolean value)

SCRIPT STACK

-------------------------------

Callstack:

application.cpp  (2358)    Application::exec_program                           
               application.cpp  (2472)    Application::run                                    
                      main.cpp  (808)     app_run                                             
                      main.cpp  (1193)    app_entry_filtered                                  
                      main.cpp  (851)     app_entry                                           
                      main.cpp  (609)     WinMain                                             
                        crt0.c  (263)     __tmainCRTStartup                                   
                      KERNEL32  (???)     BaseThreadInitThunk                                 
                         ntdll  (???)     RtlGetAppContainerNamedObjectPath                   
                         ntdll  (???)     RtlGetAppContainerNamedObjectPath                   

-------------------------------

Current thread: Main
I've already installed PhysX and vcredist_x86 from the Install folder, as well as DirectX. I also tried compatibility mode, but that didn't solve it either. I even tried spinning up a 32-bit Windows 10 VM to check if it was due to my 64-bit OS, but sadly the issue remains the same... I cannot imagine that the binaries itself are broken as everyone would have had this issue setting up their gameserver back then. However, I have no idea how to approach this issue...

All help is appreciated

Thank you!