Thread: [COD2][Request]Tutorial print hello world to screen/load gsc script's on server

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    ... connecting
    Thanks

[COD2][Request]Tutorial print hello world to screen/load gsc script's on server

Hello killtube,

i'm new here and want to say "hello". With this done I excuse for my bad english (i'm from germany).
    I think that I'm familiar with scripting/coding (some years of batch and a year Java), so I know the
    BASICS.

Some day's ago I played on one of the COD 2 mp servers and now i just want to print a simple
    "Hello World" to player screen. But till now this seemed to be impossible because the whole
    forum is posting nice gsc scripts but I don't get arround to understand what I have to do to run the
    scripts. I saw some "mods" (projects or how ever you would like to call it) they worked but I don't
    get it.

So my request is if there a tutorial which shows me how to accomplish that.

I searched for some hours, but with no results. I saw the many gsc (maybe this is the wrong route with
    this gsc scripts so give me a hint to the correct route) scripts on this forum but didn't know
    how to use them, especially were to put them that my server will load them or excute them. I copied
    some of them into the iw07 folder (in the maps/mp/gametypes folder) or edited the _load.gsc with no
    results (or got an error message after some seconds the game started loading the map).

So I hope one of you can help me to achieve my goal to print a simple "Hello World" after a player
    connected and spawned for the first time.

If I missed any detail you want to know about my request don't hasitate to ask because i wan't to get
    further. Also if I didn't saw a tutorial or missed anything within my search please don't kill me. In
    addition to that please don't understand this text/request as anoffence to you! This is a simple but
    helping request to get arround COD 2 scripting.

Thank you! Killtube! Your pizzadox

PS: I hope I hit the right Sub-Forum.
    Last edited by pizzadox; 12th April 2020 at 21:20. Reason: PS

2. The Following User Says Thank You to pizzadox For This Useful Post:

kung foo man (13th April 2020)