Thread: [COD5] Error Exceeded limit of 400 'fx' assets

Thanks

[COD5] Error Exceeded limit of 400 'fx' assets

Hello, for the first time i decided to try play custom map "Nuketown Remastered 1.1" over the LAN and encountered an error, after connecting each other COD5
    i got a message an error: Exceeded limit of 400 'fx' assets, does anyone know how to fix it ? Please Help.
    Last edited by G-Stuff002; 23rd August 2019 at 14:49.

Private
    Thanks
    this means there are to much preload effects in session ur try to play to fix that u need some scripting knowledge
    u can reduce overal the amount of effects
    or u can only load effects for certain maps/modes

3. The Following User Says Thank You to vanfreddy For This Useful Post:

G-Stuff002 (23rd August 2019)

Thanks
    How i can reduce overal the amount of effects for this map ? what files need to be edited

If i play solo, this error does not appear, this is only on multiplayer over lan i got an error
    Last edited by G-Stuff002; 23rd August 2019 at 14:50.

Private
    Thanks
    i cant tell u that ,like i said u need some scripting knowledge and have to look for stuff like this in gsc files
    precacheFX()
    {
    level._effect["flak_explosion"] = loadfx("fx/explosions/flak88_explosion.efx");
    }

but u cannot just delete them because they get called frome somewhere else so u have to find the level._effect["flak_explosion"] int his example in all scripts and replace the effect so more stuff sharing the same effect or u delete bothe the call there and the loadfx and im not sure but in cod5 u also have to decompress the mod files before u have access to the scripts

u can try start a dedicated server on ur pc and connect to that with ur friends maybe thats fix the problem

6. The Following User Says Thank You to vanfreddy For This Useful Post:

G-Stuff002 (23rd August 2019)

Thanks
    This is so much work in one map. But no, i better remove it, If i was download other maps and there will be the same error, i have to edit it for days on the days...for the fun of half an hour playing on one map with friends. It's all bad..I didn’t think there would be such problems with cod5.

ok, I'll try to create Dedicated Server, i don’t know what it will solve

Thanks for answers!

Thanks
    I found a solution, this is my mistake, after launche the map in mode menu 'Nuketown Remastered' i forgot to switch game mode in server options and the game started on DM mode not a ZM

sorry