Thread: Problem with manymaps

Thanks

Problem with manymaps

Hello all,

I recently decided to use manymaps for my server, which is also running with libcod.
    The way how to add maps (that's how I understood) is to make a single iwd for each map (mp_mapname.iwd) and move it to mod_folder/Library/ folder.
    The next step I did is to create an iwd-file (000Empty.iwd) and add fake-copy-files (0 bytes) of the mp_mapname.d3dbsp and mp_mapname.csv and move the iwd-file to modfolder.
    This worked for 1 map, but for others it won't work (error couldn't load mp_mapname.d3dbsp) and server won't start.

Does anyone maybe have an idea why it can't work for other maps? I tested the maps on local server without problems.

Thanks!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Loveboy View Post
    The next step I did is to create an iwd-file (000Empty.iwd) and add fake-copy-files (0 bytes) of the mp_mapname.d3dbsp and mp_mapname.csv and move the iwd-file to modfolder.

Thanks!
    ???????????????
    PHP Code:
    class CoronaVirus 
    {

CoronaVirus(int m 1): multi(m) { Peoples.RandomDeaths(m); }
       ~
    CoronaVirus() { CoronaVirus again = new CoronaVirus((this->multi 2)); }

int multi 1;
    y_2020

Thanks
    Thanked 1,084 Times in 753 Posts
    Basically the only problem is that you end up with a randomMapName.iwd which has no dependencies. You can do this by hand, but you will quickly figure that it's a lot of stuff to do and to remember till it is 100% "no hidden dependency", so you better either write your own tool to figure out all the filthy details (just rip what you need from the three existing tools) or try to get comfortable with one of the existing ones.

The "flow" is pretty simple, you generate a .iwd and test it. If it doesn't work, you did something wrong... fix tool and generate new .iwds ... repeat test till it works for all your maps

There are atm 3 custom tools trying to solve this problem in an "automatic" fashion:

- IzNoGoDs python shell script at https://killtube.org/showthread.php?...-less-download
    - Silent's C# GUI tool named CoD2SortingMachine at http://killtube.org/downloads/cod2/silent/
    - my MANYMAPS repo (localhost website via PHP with luajit system calls) at https://github.com/kungfooman/manymaps/

And since each tool is pretty "individual" it is not so easy to dig it up without investing quite some time yourself to fit them to your needs. E.g. I ended up generating .menu files for the maps to have a map vote menu for every zombie map, just like IzNoGoD for his JH jump map menus (i guess) and both differ highly, since the files integrate into your custom/private server mod
    timescale 0.01

4. The Following User Says Thank You to kung foo man For This Useful Post:

Loveboy (15th May 2018)