Thread: Download problem

Thanks

Download problem

Hello all!

I recently opened a server, gametype SD (modded) and I noticed that when a new player tries to connect and download the .iwd-files (scoreboard shows -1 ping (connecting)). But when the round restarts, then they get kicked out ( —> download fails) and scoreboard shows 999 ping for the downloader. So whoever is downloading gets kicked out on round restart.

I also noticed that when the round starts (0.5 secounds later), all huds and the chat disappear for 0.5 secounds. It sometimes annoys when this does happen (because if someone wants to type something in chat, it does close). But the main problem is that at this moment all downloaders gets kicked.

If you know why this does happen, please let me know
    Thanks!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Loveboy For This Useful Post:

kung foo man (27th March 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 674 Posts
    SD uses map_restart(true); in script iirc, effectively reloading the map without wiping level.game (aka the game[] array) and the player.pers[] arrays.

You should set your sv_wwwdldisconnected to 1 to fix it, it'll make the client disconnect from your server while downloading, hence the map_restart(true); not influencing his download progress.
    "Does not work" is an error report for a bug between keyboard and chair.

All hail Artie Effem

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IzNoGoD For This Useful Post:

kung foo man (27th March 2018),Loveboy (26th March 2018)