Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sprinting with weapon in COD2

Private
    Thanks
    Can't do that. This replaces the melee anim, so its need an bash replace script. Knifing, for example.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to croni1012 For This Useful Post:

jordanb (4th April 2018)

... connecting
    Thanks
    Can't do it even with modding/scripting? Does it require custom weapons and lots of work? However you did it in that video looks truly amazing (pretty much seamless with all the other COD titles that include a default sprint).

I love rifles only AND sprinting, I know many disagree. To this day, COD2 is the best experience and closest I get to the nostalgia of playing late into the morning with my brothers back in the day (on COD UO). I find the COD2 maps and overall quality to be much better than UO, with the exception of no default sprinting.

Are there any other sprint mods for the standard multiplayer game?

I have used Tallys sprint mod. It's probably the best I've found. The issue is that you always accidentally pick up dropped weapons when you run over them. The Demon mod has a decent sprint feature too, again OK but not great. Sadly, Back 2 Fronts has a good looking sprint (sadly no weapon anims), but is currently only available in single player.

In this day with all the expensive DLC and having to buy extra (and limited) maps, I find the original COD series up to WAW far superior. I've tried loving WAW as it is also WW2 themed (and has sprint), just something off about it. In my book, if COD2 had a seemingly default sprint (with weapon animations, etc.) it would be the best ever. OK rant over, LOL!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jordanb For This Useful Post:

kung foo man (4th April 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 674 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jordanb View Post
    I have used Tallys sprint mod. It's probably the best I've found. The issue is that you always accidentally pick up dropped weapons when you run over them.
    I've made a sprint mod once and coded around this issue. It became quite bothersome to code around it properly, and I'm not convinced by the code quality that came out of that.
    "Does not work" is an error report for a bug between keyboard and chair.

All hail Artie Effem

6. The Following User Says Thank You to IzNoGoD For This Useful Post:

jordanb (8th April 2018)

Private
    Thanks
    Well, because cod2 use a few weapons on each map with script it has a chance to manage it. But that will require a lot script too. And I just dont interest in it. Maybe after I finish with my zombie mod.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to croni1012 For This Useful Post:

jordanb (8th April 2018)

Private First Class
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IzNoGoD View Post
    I've made a sprint mod once and coded around this issue. It became quite bothersome to code around it properly, and I'm not convinced by the code quality that came out of that.
    For my servers I found the pickup code in the source and changed it to pickup weapons when F is released rather than picking up weapon when it's pressed down. Solves the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by jordanb View Post
    Back 2 Fronts has a good looking sprint (sadly no weapon anims), but is currently only available in single player.
    Check out one of these servers; http://iznogod.killtube.org/index.ph...s_game=kingbot

You will find it's using the B2F sprint anim as well as a thirdperson sprint anim.
    Last edited by filthy_freak_; 5th April 2018 at 06:12.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to filthy_freak_ For This Useful Post:

jordanb (8th April 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 674 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by filthy_freak_ View Post
    For my servers I found the pickup code in the source and changed it to pickup weapons when F is released rather than picking up weapon when it's pressed down. Solves the problem.
    Doesn't that just move the problem to the end of the sprint part?
    "Does not work" is an error report for a bug between keyboard and chair.

All hail Artie Effem

Private First Class
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IzNoGoD View Post
    Doesn't that just move the problem to the end of the sprint part?
    Oh yeah I forgot to mention I also made it not pickup any weapons after sprinting has started even if F is released which solves that.

Only downside is you can't start sprinting while standing on a weapon (However you can hold F then move away from the weapon and it will start sprinting).

13. The Following User Says Thank You to filthy_freak_ For This Useful Post:

jordanb (8th April 2018)

... connecting
    Thanks
    Thanks croni1012!

I would love to see the sprint anims for rifles and sniper rifles only. Not sure if that would make a difference, but it would be significantly less weapons than all of the original weapons in COD2. I don't have coding/scripting skills, but if I can help you somehow make this happen, that would be AWESOME. I could donate limited (maybe $75-$100) funds once done via PayPal, etc.

... connecting
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by filthy_freak_ View Post
    Oh yeah I forgot to mention I also made it not pickup any weapons after sprinting has started even if F is released which solves that.
    Awesome IzNoGoD, very close to what I'm after! I will definitely take a look at this and try it out. I appreciate you taking the time to make the suggestion.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to jordanb For This Useful Post:

kubislav23 (11th April 2018)

Private
    Thanks
    I sent a pm to you jordanb.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to croni1012 For This Useful Post:

kubislav23 (11th April 2018)