Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PICK up and MOVE MG42 Mod (Mobile MG42)

Thanks
    Only one deployable MG42 needed, this is enough since because all the weapons are available for any team in this mod.

'make the menus better' - can be left as is, or i dont know, maybe some fixes at your discretion, everything suits it, is important that all weapons remain in their places. And I had an very good idea, it is better to add deployable MG42 in pistols menu like CHOICE6 and after i wont add flamethrower CHOICE7 i upload the files later

'Of, if you don't care about this allcustom_v1 mod' - then i lose portable version of MG42 and the 30.cal from menu. If for you it is more convenient and easier, let it be so. EDIT.: Then this is the last сhoose/decision

'BTW - which key do you want to press? ' - Use key better like in original mod

It is possible at once to add additional items in the pistol menu ? i will uplaod the files. For flamethrower, supajoe's Nade Launcher (v2),
    Knife that can be thrown from ASIOAS mod (1.5). There will be both strong support. I wanted to replace them with pistols but it's best to make additional items
    Last edited by G-Stuff002; 26th February 2018 at 23:33.

Thanks
    allcustom_v1 - this is the best mod i think, because it has a lot, most of all weapons. It principal mod on which I based around him all the rest 'stand-alone' mods. To finish it well, to be the good basis.

If it need to know what I'm doing (This is all for the original COD2, just as add-ons not like a eXtreme+ or others Global mods they changes a lot and I just supplement the original)

'...pistols menu and images are mine' - I did not see better. Even now it looks great!

Thanks
    Pistols menu additional

1. supajoe's Nade Launcher (v2) Attachment 1439

2. flamethrower from this mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/callofduty2/mods/682
    Patch for him: https://www.nexusmods.com/callofduty.../683?tab=files

EDIT
    3. Knife that can be thrown from this ASIOAS mod. Good enough idea, just checked, better than Torre's (German) Spade
    This is a small addition but I think it will be a success. Players like to sometimes play only one weapon by agreement, and if take the knife it will be a fun battle

If everything turned out, it would be perfect mod
    Last edited by G-Stuff002; 26th February 2018 at 23:53.

Brigadier General
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Stuff002 View Post
    Pistols menu additional

1. supajoe's Nade Launcher (v2) Attachment 1439

2. flamethrower from this mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/callofduty2/mods/682
    Patch for him: https://www.nexusmods.com/callofduty.../683?tab=files

EDIT
    3. Knife that can be thrown from this ASIOAS mod. Good enough idea, just checked, better than Torre's (German) Spade
    This is a small addition but I think it will be a success. Players like to sometimes play only one weapon by agreement, and if take the knife it will be a fun battle

If everything turned out, it would be perfect mod
    I'm nearly done with the deployable mg42 and 30cal. It's nearly finished. So, I'm not going to do more additions right. I simply don't have the time. Maybe in a week or so, when I get some spare time, I can rethink it. But for now, I have to say "no".

FYI - you have to pay to use that Nexus mod site. You can't download anything unless you subscribe. But, you can find all COD2 mods for free here:

https://gamefront.online/files/listi...f_Duty_2/Mods/

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Tally For This Useful Post:

G-Stuff002 (27th February 2018)

Thanks
    Thanks Tally, I'll try to do additions it myself, but what's my error? I make additional points in weapons menu but I have wrong distance
    Spoiler:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	distance2.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	59.9 KB 
ID:	1440

1_weapon_pistol GSC.7z
    1weapon_pistols Menu.7z

I both reviewed all the content of the sites Nexus and gamefront and did not find the necessary stand-alone versions, many are repeated and the most interesting are not present
    Last edited by G-Stuff002; 27th February 2018 at 16:44.

Brigadier General
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Stuff002 View Post
    Thanks Tally, I'll try to do additions it myself, but what's my error? I make additional points in weapons menu but I have wrong distance
    Spoiler:

Name:	distance2.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	59.9 KB 
ID:	1440

1_weapon_pistol GSC.7z
    1weapon_pistols Menu.7z

I both reviewed all the content of the sites Nexus and gamefront and did not find the necessary stand-alone versions, many are repeated and the most interesting are not present
    You have this for the flamethrower:

Code:
    	itemDef 
    	{
      		name   		"button_flamethrower"
      		visible   		1
      		rect  		 0 0 128 24
      		origin   		ORIGIN_CHOICE5
      		forecolor  	GLOBAL_UNFOCUSED_COLOR
      		type   		ITEM_TYPE_BUTTON
     		text   		"@6. flamethrower"
      		textfont  		UI_FONT_NORMAL
      		textscale  	GLOBAL_TEXT_SIZE
      		textstyle  	ITEM_TEXTSTYLE_SHADOWED
      		textaligny  	20
    		dvartest	"ui_allow_pistols"
    		showDvar	{ "1" }
      		action
      		{
       			play "mouse_click";
       			scriptMenuResponse "flamethrower_mp";
      		}
      		onFocus
      		{
    			play "mouse_over";
       			hide webley_info;
    			hide tt30_info;
    			hide colt_info;
    			hide luger_info;
    			hide p38_info;
                      hide mg42dpl_info;
                      show flamethrower_info;

}
    	}
    In that one, your ORIGIN_CHOICE number is 5. That position is already occupied by the P38. So, you should renumber it to 6:

Code:
    	itemDef 
    	{
      		name   		"button_flamethrower"
      		visible   		1
      		rect  		 0 0 128 24
      		origin   		ORIGIN_CHOICE6
      		forecolor  	GLOBAL_UNFOCUSED_COLOR
      		type   		ITEM_TYPE_BUTTON
     		text   		"@6. flamethrower"
      		textfont  		UI_FONT_NORMAL
      		textscale  	GLOBAL_TEXT_SIZE
      		textstyle  	ITEM_TEXTSTYLE_SHADOWED
      		textaligny  	20
    		dvartest	"ui_allow_pistols"
    		showDvar	{ "1" }
      		action
      		{
       			play "mouse_click";
       			scriptMenuResponse "flamethrower_mp";
      		}
      		onFocus
      		{
    			play "mouse_over";
       			hide webley_info;
    			hide tt30_info;
    			hide colt_info;
    			hide luger_info;
    			hide p38_info;
                      hide mg42dpl_info;
                      show flamethrower_info;

}
    	}
    If you ever get 2 weapons in the same place, always check your ORIGIN_CHOICE numbers.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Tally For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Clear!, I did not see, missed that it also needs to be renamed.

You are the best programmer, just looked at the code and found an error, it's amazing! thank you! interesting to know you are still developing something, you do everything very qualitatively
    Last edited by G-Stuff002; 27th February 2018 at 17:36.

Brigadier General
    Thanks
    Okay, here it is. Please get the download from here: DOWNLOAD

Some notes:

1. I did not mess too much with the menus. In my opinion, they are a mess, but it would take a long time to sort them out, and I just don't have the time.

2. You can deploy any fixed turret on a map that has them (some gametypes don't have them - like CTF for example). Also, of course, if you pick either the MG42 or the 30CAL from the menu, you can deploy them as per the AWE mod. There is a "user hint" at the top of the screen which tells you what to do.

3. I renamed weapon1_mp to mg42_carry_mp; and weapon2_mp to 30cal_carry_mp. I tried to name them to mg42_mp and 30cal_mp, but that crashed the server for some reason. I'm not quite sure why. So, I renamed them to "_carry_mp" instead.

4. Other than in maps\mp\gametypes\_turrets.gsc all the script functions are in _weapons.gsc. There are a lot of them. You have to watch weapon changes, and watch for binocular usage as well.

5. I put all the init() functions in _callbacksetup.gsc to kick it all off instead of using the gametype files.

6. I removed the deletePlacedEntitys function as the AWE code has it as well. So, you can delete placed fixed turrets on maps with a dvar. Please see the config file for all the dvar settings.
    Last edited by Tally; 27th February 2018 at 19:16.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Tally For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Tally, you got it! excellent work! but important function you did not, this is very sadly..

Spoiler:

Name:	44.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	244.8 KB 
ID:	1443

Spoiler:

Name:	66.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	274.0 KB 
ID:	1444

Spoiler:

Name:	77.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	248.4 KB 
ID:	1445

Thanks
    EDIT

WOW! This is even better than in the original!!, you combined portable and deployable version ) Cool! just need to add fix unfix function, this gives more opportunities in using this weapon

Thank you very much Tally, this is a dream! Now have a basis to work on (continue work)

"1. I did not mess too much with the menus." - It not necessary i think, menu is simple and convenient, for each nation is shown his native weapon, and extra weapons are shown nearby. It is not convenient to choose weapon if the menu is complex, it's need to spend more time while the fight is going on without you, in my opinion. This menu is remembered more in memory, the whole picture, everything is in sight. At least I do not know your ideas..

Thanks that wrote in what files codes are written, it is useful
    Last edited by G-Stuff002; 27th February 2018 at 22:58.