Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: GAS Grenade For COD2 MP

Thanks
    Thank you!
    I wanted to do something more difficult today, or not difficult but looking for who. But this is an initially important upgrade. I wanted to add a new function to the one weapon. I will create a new topic for this, it will be interesting for all i think, if can help understand, I'll be very grateful to you, and i already feel that I am very much obliged to help...

Thanks
    Like in this mod, after every 1:30 (min:sec) without ranks for all teams.

I think with ranks it's for professionals gamers. And novices will be always outsiders..

The Ranks are fashionable to boast at the end of the game, I think (just for cool) I have ranks mod, found and Hardly combine it..
    Last edited by G-Stuff002; 22nd February 2018 at 10:09.

Thanks
    ...'who do you want it given'

I wont to add to casual (origial) COD2 for Multiplayer DM & TDM
    Last edited by G-Stuff002; 22nd February 2018 at 12:29.

Brigadier General
    Thanks
    I have to go out on business unexpectedly, but I will get to it once I get back this evening (It is currently 2.30 pm here in the UK).

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Tally For This Useful Post:

kubislav23 (22nd February 2018)

Thanks
    ok, have a nice day and business! I just started watching another mod

7. The Following User Says Thank You to G-Stuff002 For This Useful Post:

kubislav23 (22nd February 2018)

Brigadier General
    Thanks
    Okay, here it is. Sorry it's late but I've been busy.

See the attachment.

Again, as before, I've used TDM gametype to start it all off. Just look for //--- Artillery ---// in the code and that will be where I've added things.
    Attached Files Attached Files

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tally For This Useful Post:

G-Stuff002 (23rd February 2018),Ni3ls (23rd February 2018)

Thanks
    This is for Bots ? or for TDM without and TDM with Bots.

But does not work not with bots and without in original COD2

I look through binoculars after 1:30 And press the USE button and nothing happens..

And there is no timer "1:30" in the right side. Screen:
    Spoiler:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TIMING 2.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	210.7 KB 
ID:	1422

This is screen from Merciless not from my 'original' COD2,
    Last edited by G-Stuff002; 23rd February 2018 at 13:44.

Brigadier General
    Thanks
    This is for Bots ? or for TDM without and TDM with Bots.
    It's a standalone artillery mod using TDM gametype as the file to start the _artillery.gsc functions. Which is what you asked for. I had to put in my bot mod because it is impossible to test it without them. But you can just remove it.

And there is no timer "1:30" in the right side.
    I did not use your merciless mod. I made a stand-alone artillery mod I wrote about 10 years ago. My version does not use a timer. Hence, why you don't see one.

In my version of artillery, you get it only when you get the required amount of kills (default = 3). Then, you get notified that you can use your binoculars to target the enemy. At the top of _artillery.gsc is the default number of kills, which is set to 3. If you want that higher or lower, then edit the number as required.

You cannot have every player getting artillery by default when they spawn. The map will just be constant artillery fire all the time. It is much better having it as a killstreak. That way, you stagger the number of times artillery is going to go off on the server.

EDIT -

LOL I just looked at the code used in the merciless mod. It is mine, and they give me credit at the top. That was nice!

I trigger my artillery via a killstreak, whereas the merciless mod has it for all engineers all the time. Endless triggering of artillery. They can fire it over and over again, without limits. I do not think that is a good design. In fact it is shockingly bad in design. No thought for server balance.
    Last edited by Tally; 23rd February 2018 at 14:33.

Thanks
    it's very a pity, I was hoping that you will be able to cut with timer. I create a server for beginners for use all possibilities for fun. When i played 'Merciless' I looked constantly for a timer to get artillery and this expectation was pleasant to me, i feel that soon I'll be lucky. The timer gives a lot of interest and the
    every 1:30 possibility of using artillery makes the server fun and not tense for collecting the kills (frags).

Brigadier General
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Stuff002
    it's very a pity, I was hoping that you will be able to cut with timer. I create a server for beginners for use all possibilities for fun. When i played 'Merciless' I looked constantly for a timer to get artillery and this expectation was pleasant to me, i feel that soon I'll be lucky. The timer gives a lot of interest and the
    every 1:30 possibility of using artillery makes the server fun and not tense for collecting the kills (frags).
    I've attached an edited version of the merciless _artillery.gsc file, which will give every player artillery on spawn. All I did is remove the class system, so every player can have artillery.

Just replace the _artillery.gsc file I gave you earlier.
    Attached Files Attached Files

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Tally For This Useful Post:

G-Stuff002 (23rd February 2018)