Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Map - What do you think?

... connecting
    Thanks

New Map - What do you think?

mp_complex - by mr.suicidesheep

Not to be confused by another map already out there called mp_complex although i assume they're based on the same thing.....

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.SuicideSheep For This Useful Post:

kung foo man (2nd October 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 674 Posts
    Fancy colors, bit hard to see the edge of platforms, and seems easy to fall off of. Looks confusing, but seems good for fast gameplay, except the prone part. Noncolliding wall? Nah, not my style

Use some increased g_speed (250-300) and some very high jump_height in a one-shot one-kill kind of gametype for best results.
    "Does not work" is an error report for a bug between keyboard and chair.

All hail Artie Effem

... connecting
    Thanks
    I wanted people to fall off.. I didn't want to restrict movement in such a small space i.e the edges where you run around.. It's built for fast gameplay and was also built with either TDM dm or zombies in mind there version is the zombie version hense the prone parts of it. It's so people can't just run all day from the zoms but thanks for the feed back.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,084 Times in 753 Posts
    I like the fact that somebody is still mapping for CoD2 and get OCD at 120fps (needs to be 125 ^^)

One thing is the scifi athmosphere, but even Quake 3 had better scifi shader effects, with "moving electricity along the walls" and reflections etc. (these are just plain textures without any effects). But yea, nobody seems to care about shader effects, when most people play/played with DX7 nonetheless.

Could also need some scripts and sounds, I mean, there are probably some kind of moving parts on a "something in space thing"? :^)

Also do the players need pressure suits or does this thing has an invisible glass roof?
    timescale 0.01

... connecting
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kung foo man View Post
    I like the fact that somebody is still mapping for CoD2 and get OCD at 120fps (needs to be 125 ^^)

One thing is the scifi athmosphere, but even Quake 3 had better scifi shader effects, with "moving electricity along the walls" and reflections etc. (these are just plain textures without any effects). But yea, nobody seems to care about shader effects, when most people play/played with DX7 nonetheless.

Could also need some scripts and sounds, I mean, there are probably some kind of moving parts on a "something in space thing"? :^)

Also do the players need pressure suits or does this thing has an invisible glass roof?
    Yea i only play with DX7 for better fps. I normally play with either 333 or 125 depending where i play but when recording with fraps it lowers the FPS massively. It has a couple of teleports into the a room with some weapons etc. and a teleport out.

I like the idea of moving object moving around the "space station" and i was going to use the glass texture i made and create a surrounding to make it a little bit more authentic but because of the distance the glass surface was compared to the map and the skybox you can't see through the texture and the skybox becomes nulled basically.. so had to leave it open air...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,084 Times in 753 Posts
    Had same problem with the skybox disappearing once, my "solution" was to leave a small part "open". Like dont make the glass surface 100%, just 99% lol

The bsp compiler is like searching for "leaks" and when it has none, it just wipes everything outside the non-leaking area (or so...)
    timescale 0.01

8. The Following User Says Thank You to kung foo man For This Useful Post:

Mr.SuicideSheep (3rd October 2017)

... connecting
    Thanks
    I'll give that a try and report back.. Thanks man but i think its more about the distance from the player to the glass surface which then makes the glass surface opaque instead of transparent

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kung foo man View Post
    I like the fact that somebody is still mapping for CoD2
    Yeah, that's awesome :)

I like the idea of this map (except little red walls with holes - that's crap) and I think, it's good. So, as you said, you built it for tdm,dm,zom. So, no server for this map?
    About ideas now:
    1. Yeah, first - moving parts, as kung said already (hey, kung! :D)
    2. Teleports. And try to make them unique. I know, you can :) (mine for example)
    3. Sounds. You can try to find some Сosmo or Sci-Fi sounds for this map. Like button sounds, ambient, sounds for moving parts, teleports and else.
    4. Story. You can make your map like a story. "For a very long time this cosmo-base is empty, but today some people came here and could know the true story"

For me last two rules are the most important things on maps. So, you can try to use it too. Or not :)

... connecting
    Thanks
    Thanks for the feed back

The teleports is hidden as i didnt want players rushing for the weapons dump at the start. like i say it was built for a zombie server I suppose it would be possible to make the teleport out of the secret area a little bit more fancy as currently you just runn through the glass into the map xD

No currently i dont have a server or a clan. I've given the map to some friends thats about it.

I've tried to make a mod in the past but I haven't written anything for atleast a decade maybe longer and even then it wasn't for COD it was for a password cracker and booster program for yahoo pool xD and i dont remember any of it xD although i do own a VPS
    Last edited by Mr.SuicideSheep; 2nd October 2017 at 19:29.

Thanks
    OldSchool mp_complex by PwN3R:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mp_complex.png 
Views:	45 
Size:	1.65 MB 
ID:	1368