Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Real Goal's and reason for use codlib ?

Private
    Thanks
    When I read you'r post I have read to more of that script's is some updates of old script's. Sorry, but much more user's use standalone, secure scripts and run their server's. All you site is about fix for script's what you make own. Is that point ??

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dacajoca For This Useful Post:

kubislav23 (1st April 2017)

Private
    Thanks
    Ok.
    I don't have answer, an let's go to see what you'r list realy do for server:

Mysql-related stuff: Useful if you want to access a database from inside your .gsc script : why any admin have some reason to do that ????
    Exec stuff: Useful if you want external scripts to work from inside your .gsc script: This we can do easy with add line in config file and simply .exe command in rcon.(without mysql)
    MANYMAPS: Useful to reduce client download size: easy, add fs_game folder and put some files in this folder (but we can't make much smaller maps, files like sounds, images, and map plain we need to have download: because cod2 is client-side game)
    kick2: Improved kick function: in much more rcon aplication's we have automatic kick function's and ban IP also.
    Memory stuff: somewhat useful for developing stuff: I don't know what you mean for that, but, if we need more real RAM on server, just start cronjob for clean memory
    Printf: Print stuff to server console: what is this ?? All cod2 owners try to disable server console, for better performance : ttycon 0, Why we need to print and save this ???
    getarraykeys: Properly loop through a key-indexed array: I like to You explain this (I mean that all user's for this site like to you explain: What this Work Realy?)
    getascii: get ascii value of a character: why play game if we don't understand any word ???
    gettype: get a variable type: can't exec without restart, if we need to restart server, than we do much more of that.
    sendgameservercommand: most universally useful command, too many uses to list here
    and
    configstring functions: useful in combination with sendgameservercommand: do you hear for any rcon aplication for cod2 ?
    weapon functions: useful for tuning weapon stuff dynamically: do you realy mean that every admin or owner of cod2 server have time to do tis ???
    And much other useless function's
    Sorry, but now I have to go slip. We will see tomorrow to complete list of unneeded function's in libcod.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dacajoca For This Useful Post:

kubislav23 (1st April 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 674 Posts
    I like how you're making a complete fool out of yourself by not knowing what you're talking about.

Enjoy.
    "Does not work" is an error report for a bug between keyboard and chair.

All hail Artie Effem

Thanks
    By far, you are winning Killtube ! Congratulations xDDD
    Last edited by YuriJurek; 31st March 2017 at 08:54.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dacajoca View Post
    Tell me any reason, and I will use libcod on my servers.
    Download bug aka q3dirtrav is fixed.
    DDOS protection for rcon, getstatus, getinfo.
    Fake name protection (in cod thanks to userinfo event in callback)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mitch For This Useful Post:

kubislav23 (31st March 2017)

Thanks
    Tell me any reason, and I will use libcod on my servers.
    What's a problem, don't use it.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Lonsofore For This Useful Post:

Whiskas (31st March 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,084 Times in 753 Posts
    I'm moder's and scripter's for cod2 abowe 2008, I try to find differences between classic scripts and libcod, and I don't find that.
    Man, that's nearly 10 years of accumulated scripting knowledge. Can you show us any reference to your epic work? If you dare, could you quickly implement something like this?

Shouldn't be too hard, right? Prove your skillz, walk your talk. I hope you won't miss setVelocity. What you gonna do? Apply MOD_DAMAGE multiple times?

ATM you are making a show, which basically begs for help duo to lack of understanding. Muh, libcod shit, gimme libcod test server, prove it to me! Well, just install VMWare or buy some cheap VPS to test. My first VPS years ago didn't even cost 3€ per month and I had to lower com_hunkmegs to get CoD2 to work duo too lack of RAM. Wasn't perfect, but good enough :^)
    timescale 0.01

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kung foo man For This Useful Post:

guiismiti (1st April 2017),Lonsofore (2nd April 2017)

Private
    Thanks
    Hi My friend's.
    Please don't be hurt. IznoGood, I'm older and, I mean that forum is not for insults. Thank You, but I only ask for goal's of libcod.
    I see, this libcod is another way to implement known script's on server. Sorry for sa this, but all script's what you implement in libcod is known script's year's ago. That is not only script's. What can I see you implemented iptable rules in that scripts. Sorry Mich, but, you'r scripts about DDoS is few years old iptable rules and scripts.
    For fake players: iptables -I INPUT -p udp --dport 28960 -i eth0 -m state --state NEW -m recent \ --update --seconds 6 --hitcount 2 -j DROP (if some players some problem just try change hitcount per sec. This is old iptable rule, but work with fakeplayer's)
    For DDoS protection (getstaus,getinfo etc.) we have getstausban: http://www.wolffiles.de/index.php?filebase&fid=4588
    We have, also, many iptable script's (like Lars Ulrich Script's for DDoS, on some known attack's that have effect's, but, now kid's use DDoS booter's and pay for it, and make attack's with noproblem.
    This is 9 yera's old scrip for CoD2, but work. But about DDoS, you must say: No way to stop DDoS if you not provider, or if provider don't have DDoS protection, or provider don't implement rules on his router.
    For fakenames we have trydal_namechanger (don't know where I download this script, because have 8-9 year's when I download this, but this script change names of unknown players, and kick some name's (double name's on server) or name's what you wan't on server.
    Many patch's make our friend Luigi Auriema, but, what admin is so crazy to leave console enabled ???
    Sorry Kungfooman, I have many friend's who make script's and map's (in some time of my life, I do that also), but, you must to known some thrue.
    You like to work script's, this is OK, you have some hobby, and make your free time on that, and I understand that, (some like tennis, some like phishing, some like scripting, some like mapping and so on), but, if you think about what is real number of server's who use you'r script's ???
    That is same situation with mapper's. We have above 5000 map's but only 15-20 custom map's is on server's on the world. Isn't that ???
    That is because scripter's and mapper's don't play CoD2, and don't really know what player's need. In that reason, because I have my own server's 9 year's, I just leave scripting (reason is new job too), and leave my player's to play my server's (without any unneeded script's)
    Sorry to loose time for me, but, I tell you that like friend. Why you don't explain for you user's: What is Goals for libcod, What we have with libcod, Why to install Libcod, How to implement script's (for begginer's). I will find this site by accident, when I try to find some script for my server (DDoS is theme), but I don't know by today: Why to install libcod, and other program's (which is needed for that to work).
    Sorry for loosing time for me.

Thanks
    what admin is so crazy to leave console enabled ???
    Thought i'd write something here, but after reading that one, i'm out.
    sudo apt-get rekt

Private
    Thanks
    Why Woroon ??
    My server's was 1st and 2nd on the world, now is I mean 15-16 (because change IP, I must, DDoS is reason)
    Tell me only one reason to leave console enabled ???
    For player's change name ?? Hahahaha If you wanna change name, just leave server, change name and connect again
    When my server's 1st in world. I have console disabled. Only cheater's ask me why console disabled. I say: that because you don't have implement what you need.
    For now, I have way's to bypass disabled console, but cheater's don't know. And for this reason, on all my server's conosole is off.