Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Install libcod on CoD 2 1.0

Thanks
    Thanked 1,084 Times in 753 Posts
    You can just test it, if you don't like it, cancel the contract in the first 2 weeks and get full refund. You could even test like 20 server hosters at once and just keep the best one. That will surely give you some training aswell in setting up cod2 servers ;P

http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens...s/index_en.htm

14 days to cancel and return purchases made outside shops (online, by phone or mail order)

In the EU you have the right to return these purchases within 14 days for a full refund. You can do so for any reason – even if you simply changed your mind.
    The 14-day "cooling off" period does not apply, among others, to:

• plane and train tickets, as well as concert tickets, hotel bookings, car rental reservations and catering services for specific dates
    • goods and drinks delivered to you by regular delivery – for example delivery by a milkman.
    • goods made to order or clearly personalised – such as a tailor-made suit
    • sealed audio, video or computer software, such as DVDs, which you have unsealed upon receipt.
    • online digital content, if you have already started downloading or streaming it
    • goods bought from a private individual rather than a company
    • urgent repairs and maintenance contracts – if you call a plumber to repair a leaking shower, you can't cancel the work once you have agreed on the price of the service.
    timescale 0.01

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kung foo man For This Useful Post:

Lonsofore (3rd March 2017),sttte93 (2nd March 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 674 Posts
    Vultr just created their extra cheap plans.

2.5 usd/month for 512mb ram, 20gb ssd and 500gb bandwidth. This should be enough for a simple, 20-30 slot cod2 server.

If you want to sign up, please use my promo code. This will get you 20 usd in credit after you deposit 10 usd to the service. This means that you can run a server for a year there for just 10 usd.

http://www.vultr.com/?ref=6933630-3B
    "Does not work" is an error report for a bug between keyboard and chair.

All hail Artie Effem

4. The Following User Says Thank You to IzNoGoD For This Useful Post:

Lonsofore (3rd March 2017)

Private
    Thanks
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vds.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	36.3 KB 
ID:	1268
    Ok, i'm ready. First time with Ubuntu (i'm a windows user) and is not easy, but i want to improve mysel to understand it. So, Now i'm trying to understand the step 1: Securing my server (https://killtube.org/showthread.php?...u-14-04-server)

Thanks
    That's ubuntu 16.10. I suggest you stay with the LTS releases, which (with current support) are 14.04 and 16.04. Given that the thread in question concerns 14.04, which has support until mid-2019, I suggest you switch to 14.04.

Please read the text in that thread and click the links (which are somewhat less visible thanks to vBulletin...)

All hail Artie Effem

7. The Following User Says Thank You to IzNoGoD For This Useful Post:

sttte93 (2nd March 2017)

Private
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IzNoGoD View Post
    That's ubuntu 16.10. I suggest you stay with the LTS releases, which (with current support) are 14.04 and 16.04. Given that the thread in question concerns 14.04, which has support until mid-2019, I suggest you switch to 14.04.

Please read the text in that thread and click the links (which are somewhat less visible thanks to vBulletin...)
    At this point : After this, you should configure a firewall (example here->https://www.digitalocean.com/communi...-14-04-servers) is only required Configuring a Basic Firewall? or the others points also?

Thanks
    NTP is set up on most servers by default, and not having it set up will most likely not break things.

Swapfile can be useful, but yet again, mostly set up by default anyway. Just type swapon -s to see if any swapfiles are present. If not, you can follow the swapfile tutorial.

Please note that the original text said "After this, you should configure a firewall", which implies that you should, indeed, only follow the part that mentions "firewall" from that tutorial.

All hail Artie Effem

Private
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IzNoGoD View Post
    NTP is set up on most servers by default, and not having it set up will most likely not break things.

Swapfile can be useful, but yet again, mostly set up by default anyway. Just type swapon -s to see if any swapfiles are present. If not, you can follow the swapfile tutorial.

Please note that the original text said "After this, you should configure a firewall", which implies that you should, indeed, only follow the part that mentions "firewall" from that tutorial.
    I follow only the Firewall step (ntp,swapfile,.. i will do later if will be required)
    After allow changed ssh port in the firewall, there are other ports to allow? tcp or udp?

Thanks
    28960 on udp for default cod2 port.

All hail Artie Effem

12. The Following User Says Thank You to IzNoGoD For This Useful Post:

sttte93 (3rd March 2017)

Private
    Thanks
    Step 2 - Done.
    Step 3 - Installing CoD2

I need to create a path and upload (cod2_lnxded_1_0a) like :

/home/myusername/_bin/cod2/cod2_lnxded_1_0a?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then you need to upload the corresponding main directory to your server to, for example, /home/myusername/_stock/cod2_1_0/main/
    These files need to be readable by the useraccount that will start the server

You mean upload (iw_00.iwd + ... + localized_english_iw00.iwd+...) from my cod2 main to /home/myusername/_stock/cod2_1_0/main/ server?

How can i set the readable permission to all these files?

Brigadier General
    Thanks
    Yes upload the iwd's. Select all files, right click, properties, set permission

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Ni3ls For This Useful Post:

sttte93 (3rd March 2017)