Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: COD2 to COD4/WaW

Private
    Thanks

COD2 to COD4/WaW

Wanting to port a few guns from COD2, a little bored with modern and futuristic guns. Just got the game today for the xanims. Converted the xanims to cod4/5 with Tom-BMX's xanim exporter.
    They are beyond messed up. Look like this in game too.

Also tried bypassing his tool by editing the xanim with a hex editor. Still extremely messed up.

Without converting them to COD4/5 and putting them straight into Maya after exporting them to .tanim with Tom's tool, they're not as messed up, but still not ideal.

Never worked with COD2 animations before, so I'd like to know if there is a trick to getting them working properly in COD4/5? or if it's a lost cause and I should just use WaW guns with the more boring to me animations. I was told this is the place to ask.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,084 Times in 753 Posts
    Did you read this thread for some tips / ideas? http://killtube.org/showthread.php?2...5-CoD4-to-CoD2

Problem is: the only person who could debug and fix the exporting code is Tom, since the tool is closed source. Quite annoying, but better than nothing. Nobody came up yet with an open source variant.
    timescale 0.01

Private
    Thanks
    Holy sh*t it's ConvictioNDR! You're the guy who did this right? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSRRlptIrg8
    Mind if I ask how you got those extremely detailed models into CoD4 without getting the "too many vertices" error? I tried porting the SVG-100 with modified Barrett anims but I can't figure out how to reduce it enough to get into CoD2 or CoD4. Then again Maya 6.0 doesn't give too many options for reducing models.

As for the topic at hand, I have no idea. With Maya 6.0 it just crashes when I import the .tanim. Seeing as you can actually import them, though, I could suggest this. Try it on the CoD2 viewhands instead, as I know that CoD4+ anims can't be simply ported into CoD2 because the fingers will be weirdly twisted. Maybe the rig is the root of your problem.
    Last edited by the_law; 29th November 2015 at 23:01.

Private
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by the_law View Post
    Mind if I ask how you got those extremely detailed models into CoD4 without getting the "too many vertices" error? I tried porting the SVG-100 with modified Barrett anims but I can't figure out how to reduce it enough to get into CoD2 or CoD4. Then again Maya 6.0 doesn't give too many options for reducing models.

Try it on the CoD2 viewhands instead
    I deleted the meshes that are there for the paintshop, but that's all I did. Took a little longer to convert but didn't give any errors.
    As for COD2 viewhands, they don't really export very well for me. Is there a better program out there for that? Only one I found was from 2009. Or I guess is there one included with the mod tools? only saw british africa body in maya folder.

Quote Originally Posted by kung foo man View Post
    Did you read this thread for some tips / ideas? http://killtube.org/showthread.php?2...5-CoD4-to-CoD2

Problem is: the only person who could debug and fix the exporting code is Tom, since the tool is closed source. Quite annoying, but better than nothing. Nobody came up yet with an open source variant.
    Problem with that topic is I'm going the opposite way. COD2 to COD4/5.
    I messaged Tom and he says he is going to update the tanim plugin soon and will look at the COD2 animations at the same time. So guess I'll wait for that and see.

Private
    Thanks
    Try downloading the viewsleeves resources from here: http://wiki.modsrepository.com/index...eeves_Tutorial

Quote Originally Posted by ConvictioNDR View Post
    I deleted the meshes that are there for the paintshop, but that's all I did. Took a little longer to convert but didn't give any errors.
    Sorry if my terminology is a bit rusty, but could you please go more into detail? Unfortunately I'm not really sure what you meant.
    Last edited by the_law; 30th November 2015 at 02:19.

Private
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by the_law View Post
    Try downloading the viewsleeves resources from here: http://wiki.modsrepository.com/index...eeves_Tutorial

Sorry if my terminology is a bit rusty, but could you please go more into detail? Unfortunately I'm not really sure what you meant.
    Each of the weapons has 3 materials that are used to paint on in the game's paintshop. Each of these materials is assigned to a mesh that is basically a copy and paste of the meshes that make up both sides and the top where they can be painted, so in those spots verts are basically doubled. I just selected the objects with those materials and deleted. I didn't bother reducing anything else to keep it as high detail as possible, except a few materials if they used the same images.
    Although i just opened the svg from the beta and it doesn't seem to have those materials, so next best option is to download a newer version of maya and reduce there.

Private
    Thanks
    Sorry I keep asking you for favors, but I was wondering if you were willing to fix up the model for me, since my trial of Maya 2012 expired and I would really prefer only pirating software when I'm forced to, like in the case of Maya 6.0.
    In exchange I could probably share my anims for the SVG-100 so you could try getting it into CoD4. Here's a little example.

(Sorry for shit quality, just a quick playblast)
    Last edited by the_law; 1st December 2015 at 02:46.

Private
    Thanks
    Just download a student version of 2014 and install the plugin. http://ugx-mods.com/wiki/index.php?t...im_Export_Tool
    Just search Autodesk Student Software. Student version lasts 3 years. Just put the last school you attended when it asks. 2014 doesn't have tanim support yet, but hopefully that's what Tom meant by he's updating the tanim plugins since 2012 is difficult to come by legally for free. You can just use 6.0 for tanims though.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ConvictioNDR For This Useful Post:

kung foo man (2nd December 2015)

Private
    Thanks
    Nice, works like a charm. Just gotta tweak a few things and it'll be working perfectly! Thanks for your help

Private
    Thanks
    Anyone can send me some COD2 viewhands to try? Still haven't been able to make them work with WaW viewhands.