Thread: [DOWNLOAD][CoD2] Vs Saxton Hale Mode

Thanks

[DOWNLOAD][CoD2] Vs Saxton Hale Mode

Hi, have you played Vs Saxton Hale in Team Fortress 2? If yes, than you know what it's all about.
    But if you didn't, here is a short story:
    Someone becomes a Boss (Saxton Hale) with great amount of Health and the rest must kill him, simple.
    Boss can only melee but killing him isn't that simple as it looks because he's got some special abilities.

So i took my time to do it in CoD2, i don't think it was done before

You can get the mod here: https://github.com/voron00/vsh_cod2

The mod isn't perfect yet but most of things are done, i currently made 9 different bosses, and its pretty funny to play.
    Some bosses ported from TF2, some made by me.
    I've upload source files for models aswell.

Vs Saxton Hale for CoD2 also depends on libcod(!!!).

I've recorded a short video with bots just as a little showcase:
    Last edited by voron00; 16th November 2015 at 20:03.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to voron00 For This Useful Post:

kung foo man (16th November 2015),Mitch (17th November 2015),Ni3ls (17th November 2015),thOuMta (16th November 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,084 Times in 753 Posts
    n1, you plan to make a public server?
    timescale 0.01

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kung foo man View Post
    n1, you plan to make a public server?
    Server has been on 1.3 for a few days already: 185.58.205.123:28963

5. The Following User Says Thank You to voron00 For This Useful Post:

Mitch (17th November 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,084 Times in 753 Posts
    The rounds are damn short, like 60 seconds or so. I tested on mp_railyard e.g., but both ppl gotta walk to the middle from the tdm spawns and then you maybe got 20 seconds left to fight (impossible)

Also the Saxon can just hide and render the whole round useless (position should be updated on compass every few seconds or so)

I just played 1on1 and after some time it went boring, maybe allow cracked players, so a bunch of cracked ppl can play too and keep server filled
    timescale 0.01

7. The Following User Says Thank You to kung foo man For This Useful Post:

voron00 (19th November 2015)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kung foo man View Post
    The rounds are damn short, like 60 seconds or so. I tested on mp_railyard e.g., but both ppl gotta walk to the middle from the tdm spawns and then you maybe got 20 seconds left to fight (impossible)

Also the Saxon can just hide and render the whole round useless (position should be updated on compass every few seconds or so)

I just played 1on1 and after some time it went boring, maybe allow cracked players, so a bunch of cracked ppl can play too and keep server filled
    Well, first of all, thank you for checking it out, i appreciate that, but it looks like some explanations are needed:
    60 seconds timer activates only when one player left on a map vs Saxton. This is done to prevent "abusing time" (there is an old saying: "Seven people doesn't wait for one"), atleast this is how it's done in TF2 and called "Lastman", i will increase that timer to 2 minutes, i think should be fair enough.
    This gametype...it just doesn't made for 1v1 gameplay. It requires at least 3-4 people to be playable and fun.
    Displaying Saxton on compass...well this is kinda wierd becaue it would lose that "element of surprise" e.g when Saxton jumps on you from around the corner and you write crap in chat because you died so stupid (I love when people are starting chat holywars, i really do, i don't know why but it's funny )
    And cracked server...It would be nice to have more people of cource but it would break the "Halepoints" system since it's based on player's GUID numbers, unless find another way to store those points somehow.
    Honestly, i don't expect miracles from CoD2. The playerbase are low as f**k. If people will play this - good. If not - whatever. I've done this mod because i felt like it would be freaking nice to have a Saxton Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalleeee (Screaming!) in CoD2, wouldn't it? and if i would need to program the damn bots just to play this myself on a local game, fine, i'll do it. That's all. I hope you understand my point of view at this.
    Last edited by voron00; 19th November 2015 at 05:40.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to voron00 For This Useful Post:

kung foo man (19th November 2015)

Thanks
    I have no idea why i decided to ressurect this, well, at least i will give it a try.
    Server is up this time on 1.0 (screw 1.3, pointless to start a new srv there.)
    185.58.205.123:28963
    I'm using custom download message for this https://github.com/voron00/libcod/co...4ef7ce195af71c
    Iwds are here: http://bo3.ru/saxton/
    fs_game - /vsh
    Also updated the mod with some fixes. Its up on github.
    sudo apt-get rekt

11. The Following User Says Thank You to voron00 For This Useful Post:

Ni3ls (24th July 2016)