Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Call of Duty 2 Play Animation

Thanks
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 674 Posts
    You could even consider just using bot-players instead of xmodels, you CAN play anims on those
    "Does not work" is an error report for a bug between keyboard and chair.

All hail Artie Effem

Private
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IzNoGoD View Post
    You could even consider just using bot-players instead of xmodels, you CAN play anims on those
    Could you tell me how can I add and control the bot players? And how can I play anims on it?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 674 Posts
    Look at filthyfreak's started threads, theres some info on that there
    "Does not work" is an error report for a bug between keyboard and chair.

All hail Artie Effem

Private First Class
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tally View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong, but the playeranim.script file is a server file. It is not a client file. The server will use the one on the server - not the one in the client's files. So, it doesn't matter where the client has been before he gets to the server, the server will load its files on the player as soon as he connects.
    The playeranim.script might be loaded, but the client does not parse/cache it on rejoin. When a client connects to a server it caches a list of ALL animations the server uses. Death animations, first person animations, world animations are all stored into a client side array. This doesn't get reset/reloaded when joining another server. I can't think of a better way to explain it. If you want to test, run the meatbot mod, join a regular server, chill for a minute and then join the meatbot server. It will kick you and return an error similar to "Unknown token: bot_stand" due to the anim files not being reloaded.

I'v spent some effort attempting to fix it, and even found the source of the problem. Problem is the issue is client-side, so cannot be patched using libcod.
    Last edited by filthy_freak_; 27th September 2015 at 09:11.

Private
    Thanks
    There are two ways to spawn bots:
    1.) Use script_models
    Advantage:
    • It is the cheapest solution, you dont have to rent 64-slots server.

Disadvantage:
    • You have to model and precache every frame of the motion. The max precachable model limit is low.
    2.) Or spawn bot players
    Advantage:
    • Less server resource needed.
    • Better hitbox.

Disadvantage:
    • It is hard to make good-looking motion.
    • You must restart the server to free the slots.

In the first case I can recommend you my botmod. Download here.
    If you choose the player bots, search for meatbot on moddb.
    Maybe the best solution if you combine the bot players and the libcod. There are many tutorials on the forum how to use the extension (eg. change player's anim, it may be useful in the future).

Brigadier General
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by filthy_freak_ View Post
    The playeranim.script might be loaded, but the client does not parse/cache it on rejoin. When a client connects to a server it caches a list of ALL animations the server uses. Death animations, first person animations, world animations are all stored into a client side array. This doesn't get reset/reloaded when joining another server. I can't think of a better way to explain it. If you want to test, run the meatbot mod, join a regular server, chill for a minute and then join the meatbot server. It will kick you and return an error similar to "Unknown token: bot_stand" due to the anim files not being reloaded.

I'v spent some effort attempting to fix it, and even found the source of the problem. Problem is the issue is client-side, so cannot be patched using libcod.
    I didn't know about that. So, thanks for the info. It never ceases to amaze me that even after 10 years of modding, there is still something to learn.

Private
    Thanks
    hi all
    another big Disadvantage using Bots ist the problem when the hitboxes are touching each other u cant hit them with weapons, only splash damage works like grenades .i could never fix it only solution i know is let them never touch each other

Private First Class
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by randall View Post
    Disadvantage:
    • You must restart the server to free the slots.
    This can be fixed using the free_slot function in libcod.

Quote Originally Posted by vanfreddy View Post
    another big Disadvantage using Bots ist the problem when the hitboxes are touching each other u cant hit them with weapons, only splash damage works like grenades
    This can be fixed by disabling player collision using libcod.