Thread: [COD4] Banning/Removing perks by changing offsets?

Thanks

[COD4] Banning/Removing perks by changing offsets?

I'm trying to ban/remove the Last Stand and Martydom perk from our COD4 servers.
    This can be accomplished using B3 bot or Manu Admin Mod which will kick the player after the first kill has been made with the offending perk, due to COD logging limitations.
    However, after some googling, I found this topic in which someone claims it should also be possible to remove the perk from the player's loadout/class upon connecting:
    [---- LINK REMOVED----]

Has any of you heard of this before and more importantly, can it really be done?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Tally; 23rd September 2015 at 00:46.
    Slow and Steady wins the race

Brigadier General
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSlow View Post
    I'm trying to ban/remove the Last Stand and Martydom perk from our COD4 servers.
    This can be accomplished using B3 bot or Manu Admin Mod which will kick the player after the first kill has been made with the offending perk, due to COD logging limitations.
    However, after some googling, I found this topic in which someone claims it should also be possible to remove the perk from the player's loadout/class upon connecting:
    [---- LINK REMOVED----]

Has any of you heard of this before and more importantly, can it really be done?

Thanks!
    You cannot mod a stock/vanilla COD4 server. You are not meant to. That is what mod servers are for. One of the reasons they took away the server files was because people wouldn't quit trying to turn a ranked server into a mod server. If you want to restrict perks or weapons, create and run a mod server. Leave the stock game alone.

Also, please do not link to cheat sites. This is against the forum rules.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 674 Posts
    You could probably use cod4x server and hijack some stock function that is called at the start of the game and maybe remove the perks from there using a piggybacking script.

Then again, tally is quite right about his points
    "Does not work" is an error report for a bug between keyboard and chair.

All hail Artie Effem

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tally View Post
    You cannot mod a stock/vanilla COD4 server. You are not meant to. That is what mod servers are for. One of the reasons they took away the server files was because people wouldn't quit trying to turn a ranked server into a mod server. If you want to restrict perks or weapons, create and run a mod server. Leave the stock game alone.

Also, please do not link to cheat sites. This is against the forum rules.
    Alright, didn't know. I'll stick with B3 for now, as I don't want to run a modded server which requires you to start at rank 1 again (if I'm not mistaken).

Sorry about the link, wasn't my intention to break the rules
    Slow and Steady wins the race