Thread: Keeping a player on one team even if they leave and rejoin

Private
    Thanks

Keeping a player on one team even if they leave and rejoin

I'm extremely sorry for making threads that most people couldn't understand what I was trying to say, but there's an issue I really want to try and get rid of.
    I'm trying to make an MW3 gametype in cod4, which is Infected.
    A feature I want to add into the mod gametype is how to make it so that if a player gets infected, they can't leave and rejoin to become a survivor again. Because at the moment, if a player gets killed and becomes infected, they can simply leave the game and rejoin to become a survivor, which isn't fair on the other infected players.
    Last edited by akuma2099; 21st September 2015 at 09:23.

Brigadier General
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by akuma2099 View Post
    I'm extremely sorry for making threads that most people couldn't understand what I was trying to say, but there's an issue I really want to try and get rid of.
    I'm trying to make an MW3 gametype in cod4, which is Infected.
    A feature I want to add into the mod gametype is how to make it so that if a player gets infected, they can't leave and rejoin to become a survivor again. Because at the moment, if a player gets killed and becomes infected, they can simply leave the game and rejoin to become a survivor, which isn't fair on the other infected players.
    I don't think you can disable console for players in COD4, which makes it impossible to stop anyone leaving - [console key] > TAB > ENTER - the player left!

So, you will need to write a method which remembers a player leaving who is the infected, and if they come back, make them the infected again. It will soon put them off leaving and trying to return.

Private
    Thanks
    I didn't write that right, I didn't want to stop people from leaving, I just wanted it so if they got infected, left the game and rejoined, they wouldn't be put back on the survivor team, which is why I made this thread, i'm not sure how to make that happen.

Brigadier General
    Thanks
    At the player disconnect method - get the player's GUID if they are infected, and save it as a level struct (e.g. level.wasInfected)

At the player connect method - get every player's GUID, and if one matches your level struct (level.wasInfected) make them the infected again.

Private
    Thanks
    Any specific functions, or possible a gametype that uses this method I could try and base off?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 674 Posts
    Why are you allowing players that connect during a round to go survivor anyway? Shouldnt they be zombies then anyway?

Just disable all user-based team switching and you should be fine (ofc keep spectate stuffs, but rejoining a team during a round should ALWAYS result in becoming a zombie)
    "Does not work" is an error report for a bug between keyboard and chair.

All hail Artie Effem

Private
    Thanks
    Good idea, i'll do that, although, I will keep at trying to make the getguid work to hopefully get it working at one point