Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Worms PowerServer Mod Beta 0.98b compatible with COD2 1.0?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tally View Post
    COD2 will always download what the client needs. Because there are image and menu files you require, it does indeed require a download. This is unavoidable because Powerserver is not a server-side-only mod.

It is possible to split the mod into those parts which can remain purely server-side, and those that require a client download.
    Many thanks for your reply.

Ah okay, then I've misinterpreted the ReadMe, which I thought stated that the mod can also be run sever-side. Sorry, my bad!

I won't be using any of the images stuff (mines, smokes/nades etc). Do you think it would be possible to split it up? I believe the menu file can also be left out if I understood the cfg correctly:
    Code:
    // Force Auto-Assign
    // Requires **CLIENT-SIDE** for the menu options to disappear,
    // but it will work without it clientside anyway.
    set scr_force_autoassign 1

EDIT: I see you've edited your post. Awesome! thanks so much, looking forward to it!
    Last edited by CaptainSlow; 14th September 2015 at 21:18.
    Slow and Steady wins the race

Brigadier General
    Thanks
    Okay, here it is:

Download it from here:

DOWNLOAD

1. added the cheat name checker posted elsewhere. Not tested other than to know it detects a name change.

2. Made the mod into server-side and client-side:

A) Extract the contents of the Zip folder to your server;
    B) keep the RAW folders as they are - the way COD2 works is, it wont download RAW folders or their contents. So, this is the only way to keep them server-side only on a 1.0 server;
    C) The client-part is the .IWD file - it will download to the client only if they have downloads switched on.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tally For This Useful Post:

CaptainSlow (15th September 2015),kung foo man (15th September 2015)

Thanks
    Okay, here it is:

Download it from here:

DOWNLOAD

1. added the cheat name checker posted elsewhere. Not tested other than to know it detects a name change.

2. Made the mod into server-side and client-side:

A) Extract the contents of the Zip folder to your server;
    B) keep the RAW folders as they are - the way COD2 works is, it wont download RAW folders or their contents. So, this is the only way to keep them server-side only on a 1.0 server;
    C) The client-part is the .IWD file - it will download to the client only if they have downloads switched on.
    Thank you very very much for the server- and client-side version of the mod!

This probably will sound very noobisch, but I've tried it out and it still seems to want to download the .iwd file to the client. I've tried disabling 'sv_allowdownload' in the .cfg, but the you cannot join the server without the .IWD file.
    Maybe I'm misunderstanding the concept of a 'server-side mod'. How I understood it was that the client does not have to download any files when using a server-side mod.
    But I am now starting to think the definition should more be like: Some files are on the server, other ones need to be downloaded to the client. Is this correct?

Many thanks!!

Brigadier General
    Thanks
    I suggest you re-read what I have said about the mod, because I am not going to reiterate what I've already said.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Tally For This Useful Post:

CaptainSlow (15th September 2015)

Thanks
    I suggest you re-read what I have said about the mod, because I am not going to reiterate what I've already said.
    Thanks, yes I know it sounds noobisch but I just want to make sure I understand I fully understand the concept.

Earlier you said:
    It is possible to split the mod into those parts which can remain purely server-side, and those that require a client download.
    So if I understand correctly, my second understanding would be correct, i.e. Some files are on the server, other ones always need to be downloaded to the client

Brigadier General
    Thanks
    Yes. Scripts are not downloaded by clients. Menus, images , weapons etc need to be downloaded and must be put in an .iwd file

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ni3ls View Post
    Yes. Scripts are not downloaded by clients. Menus, images , weapons etc need to be downloaded and must be put in an .iwd file
    Thanks, okay that makes sense. But what I don't get, and sorry for nagging, is that the readme says:

// If you are using NOTHING below that requires the mod to be
    // clientside, then you can rename the mod's IWD file to:
    // ps_svr_098.iwd
    // to make the mod server-side only.
    This is confusing to me, sorry...

Brigadier General
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSlow View Post
    Thanks, okay that makes sense. But what I don't get, and sorry for nagging, is that the readme says:

This is confusing to me, sorry...
    Because this is a mod for COD2 1.3 and in that version there is a dvar which will make an IWD file with "_sv_" in its name server-side only. But this is not a feature of 1.0.

Hence, the readme file from Powerserver for COD2 1.3 has a reference to the server-side dvar.

COD2 1.0 is the only version of COD which does not have this feature. COD1, UO, COD2 1.2/1.3, COD4, and World at War all have it. But not COD2 1.0.
    Last edited by Tally; 15th September 2015 at 23:35.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tally For This Useful Post:

CaptainSlow (15th September 2015),kung foo man (16th September 2015)

Thanks
    Because this is a mod for COD2 1.3 and in that version there is a dvar which will make an IWD file with "_sv_" in its name server-side only. But this is not a feature of 1.0.

Hence, the readme file from Powerserver for COD2 1.3 has a reference to the server-side dvar.

COD2 1.0 is the only version of COD which does not have this feature. COD1, UO, COD2 1.2/1.3, COD4, and World at War all have it. But not COD2 1.0.
    Thank you very very much, now I finally understand the concept!