Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Windows 10 and Call of Duty 2

Brigadier General
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Loveboy View Post
    Yuri helped me. I hadn't the folder 'players' in main. As I added this folder with player files, the blackscreen after running CoD2 disappeared and I could play CoD2.
    I had no compatibility changes. If I change it to WinXP SP2, then it will not show the blackscreen, it will show only my desktop.

But it takes a little bit time after CoD2 is loaded. Is that a Windows 10 bug?
    But it takes a little bit time after CoD2 is loaded. Is that a Windows 10 bug?
    It's not a "bug". It is just the way legacy DirectX works - it emulates older versions of the DirectX runtime, and that takes some time. Using compatibility mode cuts out the emulation time, which is why it is better to run it that way.

Thanks
    Okay. But my Call of Duty 2 can only run by Windows 10, no other compatibilities. Else, my PC crashes.

Private
    Thanks
    Compatability (WinXP SP2) works fine for me, but I sometimes get flickering horizontal distortions and line on my screen in CoD2.

... connecting
    Thanks
    haha easy fix

Just go into Control Panel then Playback Then Right Click Over Speakers Disable Then Run your cod2

O yeah make sure you have the correct sound driver installed not just the default windows 10 driver if you like sound lol
    Last edited by juansterloked; 25th October 2015 at 01:37.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to juansterloked For This Useful Post:

kung foo man (25th October 2015)

... connecting
    Thanks
    Hi guys, im new on here so a BIG hi! :-) i have the same issue the dreaded Black Screen on W10 & wondered how it was sorted please? i have read most of these posts and wasnt sure which one was the solution? i know this is an old post so apologies...

... connecting
    Thanks
    hey yuri, could you pls help me too, i dont know what im doing wrong. i almost tried everything, or atleast send another post that explains me everything step by step.

... connecting
    Thanks
    Hey guys, the "fix" that juansterloked posted worked for me, but I can't get sound obviously. Re-enabling the speakers (headset) just crashes the game. Any idea how else I can get it to work?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 674 Posts
    Plug something into your microphone port.
    "Does not work" is an error report for a bug between keyboard and chair.

All hail Artie Effem