Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Windows 10 and Call of Duty 2

Brigadier General
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by randall View Post
    Just ignore this message, set the compatible to XP SP2 or SP3 and the game will work.
    When I use compatibility mode in Win10, I lose mouse control.

Private
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tally View Post
    When I use compatibility mode in Win10, I lose mouse control.
    If you only see the original windows cursor and cant control the ingame one, just alt+tab to the desktop and back to the game.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to randall For This Useful Post:

Loveboy (4th August 2015),Tally (4th August 2015)

Thanks
    Doesn't work for me. I think the problem is somewhere in the installation path.
    I will check for it.

Edit: I'm getting this error:

Couldn't load default_localize_mp.cfg. Make sure Call of Duty is running from the correct folder
    Last edited by Loveboy; 3rd August 2015 at 20:34.

Brigadier General
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Loveboy View Post
    Doesn't work for me. I think the problem is somewhere in the installation path.
    I will check for it.

Edit: I'm getting this error:

Couldn't load default_localize_mp.cfg. Make sure Call of Duty is running from the correct folder
    That error is a common one when the game cannot find the /main folder. See here for full details:

https://support.activision.com/artic...correct-folder

In your case, I would guess that you have the old location of your COD2 install still showing in your Windows Registry entries. This means the game is still looking in the old location and can't find the /main folder any more. You need to either edit the registry entries (use RegEdit) to reflect the new directory location, or delete them completely and create brand new ones for the new install.
    Last edited by Tally; 4th August 2015 at 00:24.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Tally For This Useful Post:

Loveboy (4th August 2015)

Thanks
    Hm I am not sure. I removed CoD2, removed all entries what in Windows Registry 'Call of Duty 2'.
    But if I install it again and locate it to C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 2 (instead of C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty 2), then it will still install in this path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty 2.
    I think my graphic driver is the problem or something. NVIDIA GeForce made a update (for Windows 10 users). Or maybe it's the DirectX problem. I installed old version of Graphic Driver, but still won't work.
    My Graphic Card is NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750Ti.

I think that I am gonna reinstall Windows 10 Pro. My secondary HDD includes back-up files. So my files are in 30 minutes installed.

Edit: Reinstalled Windows 10. First I installed Call of Duty 2 (WinXP SP2). and started. Still same problem. Installed graphic Driver and DirectX. Still same Problem.
    Last edited by Loveboy; 4th August 2015 at 02:58.

Thanks
    I felt like you already had the same problem before... http://killtube.org/showthread.php?2...-after-running

Just give me a way to contact you and I'll fix it for you via Teamviewer.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to YuriJurek For This Useful Post:

Loveboy (4th August 2015),Tally (4th August 2015)

Brigadier General
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by randall View Post
    If you only see the original windows cursor and cant control the ingame one, just alt+tab to the desktop and back to the game.
    Yep, that does the trick. No more black screen before the game launches. Thanks!

Brigadier General
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by the_law View Post
    Mine doesn't crash, but it kind of bugs me how I have to wait 2-3 minutes for the black screen to go away. Used to work fine on Windows 8.1 with compatibility mode.
    Just follow randall's advice: put COD2 into compatibility mode for WinXP SP2 - it launches without any black screen. But you have to minimise the game to desktop, then go back into game, to get your mouse working again. This seems to be a DirectX process layering problem under Win10, but minimising the game corrects it.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Tally For This Useful Post:

Loveboy (4th August 2015)

Thanks
    Thank you very much Yuri
    Last edited by Loveboy; 7th June 2018 at 18:09.

Thanks
    Yuri helped me. I hadn't the folder 'players' in main. As I added this folder with player files, the blackscreen after running CoD2 disappeared and I could play CoD2.
    I had no compatibility changes. If I change it to WinXP SP2, then it will not show the blackscreen, it will show only my desktop.

But it takes a little bit time after CoD2 is loaded. Is that a Windows 10 bug?