Thread: Compensating for FoV

Private
    Thanks

Compensating for FoV

As you know, some weapons from CoD5 and higher look really ugly in CoD2 because CoD2 uses 80 FoV while newer CoDs use 65 FoV. I found a simple solution to compensate for the different FoV without doing anything script-related or affecting any other weapons.

I had to use this on an AN94 because I think it looks like shit in 80 FoV. xD

This only works if you have access to the actual animation. In the animation project file in Maya, you open the Hypergraph and select "j_shoulder_ri", "j_shoulder_le", and "tag_weapon". Group the three of them together. Next, you move the 7 units back (in the Attribute Editor, find the "Transform" row and change the value of the first box to "-7.000").
    Then you export the animation as normal. Select the joints for the animation (usually all joints except "tag_weapon" and "tag_view") but you don't have to select the group. Click "Set Exports" and have fun

Note: You don't need to use this procedure on ADS animations because they only modify the position of the gun based on the current position of the gun.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to the_law For This Useful Post:

kubislav23 (21st June 2016),kung foo man (12th May 2015),milepunta (22nd June 2016),Mitch (12th May 2015),Ni3ls (11th May 2015),pollo (27th July 2021)

Private
    Thanks
    Long overdue update: I found a much faster way that also makes sure the gun looks the way it should look while in ADS

Port all the non-ADS anims without changing any positions. Then you can open the the ADS up and down anims and on the frames where the gun will be in its regular idle state (last frame of ADS down and first frame of ADS up), you do the following. Select the tag_ads joint if it's on IW viewhands or tag_torso if it's on 3arc viewhands. Make a group containing that joint, and then keyframe the first frame and the last frame. For ADS up anims, you put the following translations on the first row for the group in the first frame: "-4.600" "1.200" "0.500". For ADS down anims, do the same thing except on the last frame. Make sure the other keyframe on both of these anims have the translation of the group set as "0.000 0.000 0.000" so that it looks normal while aiming.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	47 
Size:	10.0 KB 
ID:	1116

Private
    Thanks
    Cant manage to make it work ugh