Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Porting animations from CoD5/CoD4 to CoD2

Private
    Thanks
    Never mind, I got them fixed thanks to fellow modeller/animator Mch2207Cz. He gave me step-by-step instructions on how to do it, and I will quote him:

Quote:

it is possible to import anims from newer cods. In fact I found a way how to do it few years ago and then spread the knowledge to people who wanted to try it as well. Before Tom BMX made his xmodelutils and xanimexporter it was possible to import only anims from various cod mod tools. Thanks to Tom's programs any cod anim can be imported.

How to do it:

1. create a weapon rig using xmodeltility - choose a weapon to do (for example codwaw viewmodel_ger_fg42_lmg), convert it into MA, open the MA, rig the weapon's mesh using generated MEL script. Select the parent mesh group (containing weapon's mesh) and parent joint group (contains weapon's joints). Hit CTRL+C to copy them. Save it as a first person weapon (for example viewmodel_fg42.ma). You can also right now export the xmodel_export file using cod maya plugin (viewmodel_fg42.xmodel_export).

2. create a hand rig of the particular cod game using xmodelutility - choose a desired hand model from the game that your weapon is from (for example codwaw viewmodel_usa_marine_arms), convert it into MA, open the MA, rig the hand's mesh using generated MEL script.

3. paste the copied weapon into hand's MA file. Open hypergraph, grab the joint "j_gun" and connect it to "tag_weapon". Set all j_gun's position and rotation to 0. When you do it, your weapon should go right between the hands. Save the file.

4. open file/import and set the file type to "cod xanim". search for your *.tanim files which were made using xanimexporter. You can import only one anim at a time so you will have several MA files each containing just one animation segment (ads up, ads down, idle, fire, pullout, putaway, reload, reload empty, melee).

5. once you got all your anim segments imported and saved in their MA files you can start making the anim compatible with cod2.

6. first thing to do is ADS. each cod may use different joint to do ADS (for example cod4 uses tag_ads) . so you must open both ads_up and ads_down segments and check in hypergraph/grapheditor which joint controls ADS. to make it cod2 compatible you must use joint called "tag_torso". all other ADS animations on different joints must be deleted.

7. now you are ready to export all your segments into xanim_export.

8. now comes the most important step. you must make correct gunsleeves model. this model is used as a reference for anim compilation. it is extremely important and if done improperly you will end up with twisted fingers and other errors. you need to download a file called "cod2 viewsleeves" - available at wiki.modsrepository.com

9. once downloaded open it and search for "viewmodel_thompson_gunsleeves.ma". open it and "save as" to make copy of it (for example viewmodel_fg42_gunsleeves.ma ).

10. in the resaved gunsleeves file, select all thompson meshes, detach them from the joints and delete. then select j_gun and delete it.

11. now paste your first person weapon from step 1)

12. connect j_gun to tag_weapon and make sure j_gun has zero transforms (position, rotation). the weapon will move in between the cod2 hands. now you can make gunsleeves xmodel_export (for example viewmodel_fg42_gunsleeves.xmodel_export)

13. put your xmodel_export files into model_export inside cod2 installation folder (viewmodel_fg42.xmodel_export and viewmodel_fg42_gunsleeves.xmodel_export ).

14. put your xanim_export files into xanim_export inside cod2 installation folder (viewmodel_fg42_idle.xanim_export and so on).

15. open asset manager and compile.

I can clarify on my method of doing it if you ask. There were some steps where I used ElTitoPricus' way of doing it. In fact, the most important steps that I think did it for me were steps 9 - 12.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to the_law For This Useful Post:

Ni3ls (29th March 2015),vanfreddy (11th September 2015)

Private
    Thanks
    Hello
    I tried to follow your instructions and ending with this result
    http://217.172.178.19/Vanfreddy/buggy_ray_animation.avi
    Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Im using Bo2 FarmgirlArms +RaygunMark2 and the Cod2 Gunsleeves as Xanim Base Model

In Maya the Animations looks good
    Last edited by vanfreddy; 10th September 2015 at 16:33. Reason: add text

Private
    Thanks
    Hmm, what do you select when you "set exports"?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to the_law For This Useful Post:

vanfreddy (11th September 2015)

Private
    Thanks
    I select all joints except tag_view and tag_weapon and for ads just tag_view and tag_torso

Private
    Thanks
    i found the error i exported the wrong the ads down joints
    now its working http://217.172.178.19/Vanfreddy/rayg...animations.mp4
    thank you for sharing

8. The Following User Says Thank You to vanfreddy For This Useful Post:

the_law (11th September 2015)