Thread: I'm New Here

... connecting
    Thanks

Lightbulb I'm New Here

-I'm Not Here Asking For Help , I'm Asking To Learn How To Script / Make Mods In Cod2 --- I Already Have Previous Scripting Knowledge. So What Can I Do And Where Can I Learn And What Programs Do I Need ?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 674 Posts
    First off, welcome
    Second off, please try to stop Putting A Capital At The Start Of All Of Your Words Because It's Quite Annoying To Read That

Third: see http://www.codjumper.com/forums/view...hp?f=24&t=4011

You need: Winzip/winrar or any other zip extractor
    CoD2
    Your own notepad-of-choice

Extract iw_07.iwd and look through the maps/mp/gametypes folder
    "Does not work" is an error report for a bug between keyboard and chair.

All hail Artie Effem

Brigadier General
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by L4BZz View Post
    -I'm Not Here Asking For Help , I'm Asking To Learn How To Script / Make Mods In Cod2 --- I Already Have Previous Scripting Knowledge. So What Can I Do And Where Can I Learn And What Programs Do I Need ?
    That is a tough question to answer because there isn't an easy answer. I would say as I always do to this question: get hold of as many mods as you can and study them. learn the basics and experiment as much as possible. Start small; don't be over-ambitious. Make a simple mod first, then make a more difficult one next, and so on.

Once you have downloaded the COD2 mod tools, look inside the docs folder. There is a Script Reference Library in it which contains most of the functions COD2 uses. Learn it. And learn how to use them in your scripting work.

Thanks
    Try to learn how C/C++ programming language works, because IW made a hand-crafted version of this language to develop CoD2 (Codscript).

One book I suggest you to read "Learn C in 21 days" (or other C/C++ books). You can find them on the inet.

This is another good tutorial to start off: covers the basic of Codscript language.

http://wiki.modsrepository.com/index...cript_Handbook

Brigadier General
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pollo View Post
    Try to learn how C/C++ programming language works, because IW made a hand-crafted version of this language to develop CoD2 (Codscript).

One book I suggest you to read "Learn C in 21 days" (or other C/C++ books). You can find them on the inet.

This is another good tutorial to start off: covers the basic of Codscript language.

http://wiki.modsrepository.com/index...cript_Handbook
    It really is not necessary to learn any other language. I have no background in any other language other than COD Script. I learnt it by looking at mods, and trying to change the bits I wanted to. The language is so simple, you can learn it as a self-contained entity, without references to any other language. Getting bogged down in other languages will just chew up valuable learning time: the time you spend on other languages is time away from learning COD Script.