[COD2] Modern Warfare Mod 2015

Modern Warfare Mod 2015

Mod for Call of Duty 2
    I think this is good place to share mods
    Here is one mod that im working on

I'm started working on this mod 1 month ago
    This video is just test
    Facebook https://www.facebook.com/tmmodscommunity/

Last edited by milepunta; 15th July 2017 at 15:49.
    As you once said I'm nothing but a monster!

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to milepunta For This Useful Post:

kung foo man (22nd December 2014),Mitch (22nd December 2014),Ni3ls (23rd December 2014),pollo (27th December 2014),Rocky (1st January 2015),serthy (22nd December 2014),YuriJurek (23rd December 2014)

Brigadier General
    Thanks
    Wow amazing work! did you all made the weapons yourself?

Brigadier General
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ni3ls View Post
    Wow amazing work! did you all made the weapons yourself?
    No, he obviously ripped them from MW2 or MW3. That isn't the same as making the weapons yourself. Fact of the matter is, I lament the decline in genuine creativity in the COD modding community. All we see nowadays is people DX ripping models from other COD games and putting them in a previous game. When I grew up in the community, we had people actually making the weapons themselves. Check out the total conversion mods like REVOLT for COD1 or SWAT for COD1. All the weapons in those mods were created from scratch, by members of the mod team. THAT is REAL TALENT! Not running a program that does the work for you.

The real talent in the video above is the menu work. For that the creator gets a 10-out-of-10. That work obviously took time and talent. I don't rate model ripping any more because any bloody fool can do it. It is so easy, even noobs can do it within 5 minutes of getting hold of the program and running it.
    Last edited by Tally; 23rd December 2014 at 23:25.

Brigadier General
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tally View Post
    No, he obviously ripped them from MW2 or MW3. That isn't the same as making the weapons yourself. Fact of the matter is, I lament the decline in genuine creativity in the COD modding community. All we see nowadays is people DX ripping models from other COD games and putting them in a previous game. When I grew up in the community, we had people actually making the weapons themselves. Check out the total conversion mods like REVOLT for COD1 or SWAT for COD1. All the weapons in those mods were created from scratch, by members of the mod team. THAT is REAL TALENT! Not running a program that does the work for you.

The real talent in the video above is the menu work. For that the creator gets a 10-out-of-10. That work obviously took time and talent. I don't rate model ripping any more because any bloody fool can do it. It is so easy, even noobs can do it within 5 minutes of getting hold of the program and running it.
    I know they are ripped. But all the animations are custom. You can't rip them.

Thanks
    Some of the weapons are possibly made/ported by hoek.

https://www.youtube.com/user/jonnyhoek

Brigadier General
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ni3ls View Post
    I know they are ripped. But all the animations are custom. You can't rip them.
    Yeah, you can rip the animations as well with Tom BMX's Lemon program. You start up MW2 or MW3; run Lemon; it lists all the animations; you save them to a folder as either an .OBJ or .MEL; You exit the game, and run either Maya, 3D Max, or if you worry about piracy like I do, you run Blender. Open the .OBJ, tweak the animation, then export as a XANIM_EXPORT. Compile with the COD mod tools.

Done!

Seriously, there is NO TALENT in doing this. It perhaps shows technical proficiency in running and mastering a program, but that is all. It is literally copy and pasting. I know some particularly daft people in the COD community that can do this, and they think they are God's gift to modding when they've done it. They don't even do anything new with the models. It is literally making a newer game run in an older engine. That is all. I really wish it would stop. I really wish we could get back to the days of creativity, when people were coming up with new ideas.
    Last edited by Tally; 24th December 2014 at 09:34.

Brigadier General
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tally View Post
    Yeah, you can rip the animations as well with Tom BMX's Lemon program. You start up MW2 or MW3; run Lemon; it lists all the animations; you save them to a folder as either an .OBJ or .MEL; You exit the game, and run either Maya, 3D Max, or if you worry about piracy like I do, you run Blender. Open the .OBJ, tweak the animation, then export as a XANIM_EXPORT. Compile with the COD mod tools.

Done!

Seriously, there is NO TALENT in doing this. It perhaps shows technical proficiency in running and mastering a program, but that is all. It is literally copy and pasting. I know some particularly daft people in the COD community that can do this, and they think they are God's gift to modding when they've done it. They don't even do anything new with the models. It is literally making a newer game run in an older engine. That is all. I really wish it would stop. I really wish we could get back to the days of creativity, when people were coming up with new ideas.
    Can you make a tutorial for that maybe?

Thanks
    I've been watching your creativity on Youtube)
    I admire))