Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lost A Year's Work!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 674 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tally View Post
    Sorry, I made a typo - the CPU core voltage I am currently testing is 1.190 volts, not 1.090.

As for cooling I am using extreme cooling - a Cooler Master TPC 800, which is a giant heatsink. You cannot overclock a CPU unless you do. You would not pass any benchmark test such as Prime95 if you didn't. As I said, I also delidded my CPU because I couldn't keep the temps down enough to go to 4.6GHz. I really do not understand how Intel can keep producing CPUs with such poor thermal compounds. I mean, it's not as if they don't know about the problem. Both the Sandybridge and the Ivybridge series were dogs to try to get decent temps on without delidding.
    I was referring to your 1.90v listed in your first post, 1.09 made more sense. Of course, 1.19 is possible too
    "Does not work" is an error report for a bug between keyboard and chair.

All hail Artie Effem

Brigadier General
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IzNoGoD View Post
    I was referring to your 1.90v listed in your first post, 1.09 made more sense. Of course, 1.19 is possible too
    In the world of overclocking, any voltage below 2.3 is considered good. I was at 2.4 and higher before I delidded the CPU. There is a direct relation to heat and stable voltage - the cooler you run, the lower your stable voltage can be.

Brigadier General
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by YuriJurek View Post
    I haven't heard about cooling a CPU with LN2 because I usually have no need to overclock a CPU to an extreme extent but a GPU is a different story... http://www.3dmark.com/fs/2838380 This one was certainly cooled with Liquid Nitrogen as I've read it on some article a few days ago.
    LOL well, there is no way I would even consider experimenting with liquid nitrogen. Personally, I think even liquid cooling isn't necessary with today's heatsinks. Noctua produce some stunning heatsinks and cool things down to an alarming degree. But they are very costly. So, I plumped for a CoolerMaster one because I also have a CoolerMaster case and I knew it would fit (I've lost track of those who post in overclocking forums and say they bought a big heatsink and it doesn't fit their case, or it gets in the way of the RAM slots).

Thanks
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 674 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tally View Post
    In the world of overclocking, any voltage below 2.3 is considered good. I was at 2.4 and higher before I delidded the CPU. There is a direct relation to heat and stable voltage - the cooler you run, the lower your stable voltage can be.
    I'm pretty sure you're referring to 1.3 and 1.4v here, as 2.4v is just excessive. Heat production generally rises with voltage squared, so an increase of a factor 2 in voltage would result in an increase of a factor 4 in heat (aka your 100ish w tdp cpu would produce 400w - very little air coolers can keep that below 100C)
    "Does not work" is an error report for a bug between keyboard and chair.

All hail Artie Effem

Brigadier General
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IzNoGoD View Post
    I'm pretty sure you're referring to 1.3 and 1.4v here, as 2.4v is just excessive. Heat production generally rises with voltage squared, so an increase of a factor 2 in voltage would result in an increase of a factor 4 in heat (aka your 100ish w tdp cpu would produce 400w - very little air coolers can keep that below 100C)
    Shit! I am having a bad day for when it comes to posting words which are different than in my brain. Yes - I meant 1.3. Not 2.3. That would just about fry a CPU!
    Last edited by Tally; 29th October 2014 at 13:19.

Thanks
    Well...

I had my mod ready to set up in a server.
    I merged and modified airstrike (made videos about it, you could use it with a map, and not the binoculars); AC130 gunship, the one I also made videos of; meatbot; planes and AA guns; shmod without bugs; my little ban code; can't remember the rest.
    My laptop died (I think it has something to do with the mother board), I removed the HD, copied some stuff I didn't have backed up, and only copied the mod .iwd. I forgot I had the maps folder out of the .iwd file. Then I erased the HD. I lost the important part - all the scripts.

I've been trying to scan my data partition with a file recovery software, but it takes hours to deep scan a 600Gb partition, and I need to work in this pc, it's the only one I have.

Anyway, just wanted to share.

And btw, I had to wait a few days before I could have this pc working so I could open my HD to access some documents from work. I had to rewrite an entire paper, the deadline was before I accessed my HD.
    My last backup was 2 weeks before the crash, and I needed the stuff I made during those weeks.
    I'm now using Dropbox to avoid wasting time (also using an external HD to backup documents very one or two weeks, like I always did).
    Last edited by guiismiti; 29th March 2015 at 18:27.
    set logfile 2

Brigadier General
    Thanks
    That sucks, hopefully you can recover it

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ni3ls For This Useful Post:

guiismiti (30th March 2015)

... connecting
    Thanks
    u guy's talk about cooling u'r CPU...lol thats a dream for me.My laptop CPU is hot like hell!!!a lot of time just shut down from over heating and in my coutry r like 53 grade on night X__x like hell here

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Devil For This Useful Post:

Ni3ls (2nd April 2015)

Brigadier General
    Thanks
    Ahahhaaha, where are u from?!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ni3ls View Post
    Ahahhaaha, where are u from?!
    There is only one place I know of

Attachment 849

13. The Following User Says Thank You to serthy For This Useful Post:

Ni3ls (2nd April 2015)