Thread: Ideas for auto configurations

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Ideas for auto configurations

Hello,

Context:
    Auto configuration was an idea I had (maybe some of you had it aswell) to configure specific settings for each map.

Here it is:
    I modified every mapname.gsc in the maps/mp/ directory, and, basically, I added this to the beginning:

Code:
    	if(getCvar("scr_autoconfig") == "1"){
    		mapname = getcvar("mapname");

setCvar("scr_allow_fraggrenades", (getCvar("scr_allow_fraggrenades_" + mapname)));
    		setCvar("scr_allow_smokegrenades", (getCvar("scr_allow_smokegrenades_" + mapname)));
    		setCvar("scr_allow_sprint", (getCvar("scr_allow_sprint_" + mapname)));
    	}
    This allows me to define if there's going to be fraggrenades / smokegrenades / sprint in any map that has autoconfig implemented.
    At the moment, I'm using auto config with MOAM (mod of all menus) - which allows me to define if there's gonna be all weapons or regular weapons or rifles only or pistols only in a map, but I won't post the code unless someone asks me, it's a bit long and unnecessary here.

The problem:

It is working perfectly right now, but I still think it can be improved.
    Like, if I wanted to add another configuration, e. g. scr_tdm_scorelimit, I would have to modify the mod to add:

Code:
    		setCvar("scr_tdm_scorelimit", (getCvar("scr_tdm_scorelimit_" + mapname)));
    And we all know that, when you modify a mod in a pure server, you need to change your fs_game, or the players who have downloaded the previous mod will have conflicts.

So, basically, what I need to know is the command to execute a .cfg file from the script. I'm not good with syntax, I really have no clue if there is how.

It would look like:

Code:
    	mapname = getcvar("mapname");
    	exec(mapname + ".cfg");
    But this does not work - I get the unknown function error report when I try it.

mp_breakout.gsc is attached with the current configuration I'm using on my mod.

Does anybody know if there is such a script command to exec a .cfg file? I think this can be very useful, and I also hope this idea was useful.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    set logfile 2