Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Modding mistake

Thanks
    Ok, I am sorry and thank you all. I will start again with a new tdm.gsc and will do all again new.
    I thought it's better to ask here, so that it will be faster fixed, because starting new all again needs more time then asking.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Loveboy View Post
    Ok, I am sorry and thank you all. I will start again with a new tdm.gsc and will do all again new.
    I thought it's better to ask here, so that it will be faster fixed, because starting new all again needs more time then asking.
    It is not that we aren't willing to help you (as all these posts show)..
    But you did not told us usefull stuff so ppl simply were not able to help you.

Just comment out stuff until it is working and redo step by step. This would be at least the things you should have done even before you started this thread.
    FME i can say that corrupt localized string files can fck up ALOT. So i would also have a closer look at them
    Pls report back ur results.

Good luck mate.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to serthy For This Useful Post:

Loveboy (12th December 2013)

Brigadier General
    Thanks
    If it isn't a gamestate problem (and clearly, it looks like it isn't), then it will probably be a bad materials file, or a bad IWI file. I have had this and I can tell you - there is no easy way to find which one is causing the problem. What I did, and it is very time consuming, is to make all my materials and IWI files again from scratch. I put them in one at a time, tested them one at a time, until I was sure every one of them worked. Took me a whole day to do it.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tally For This Useful Post:

kung foo man (12th December 2013),Loveboy (12th December 2013)

Thanks
    Nice information Tally and sethy. I don't think so the problems are on Images and Materials, because I tested only the weapons and the images. It worked and I didn't get errors. Then I added again all scripts (tdm.gsc and other scripts), then it didn't worked. I will do the mod again step by step and find the problem. I will give you then information what happened (if it worked all fine or where the problem was).

Thanks
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 674 Posts
    Well, i once had a non-existing .iwi file referenced by a material file that DID exists (it was a loadscreen)
    Caused all clients to crash at connect.

Try removing all .csv files from maps\mp.

Thanks
    Here is my result:
    I just don't do the weapon update, there were problems in iwd files, but idk which file bugs. It could take many time to fix it.
    I just let my weapons how like they are currently, but I rechange other things.